Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Davies Office, based in Albany, NY, has earned another level Sustainability Certification from the Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturers Association (BIFMA). This time the recognitions goes to the company’s remanufactured Steelcase Answer Panels Systems line. This is Davies Office ninth BIFMA level certification.
According to BIFMA, the level conformance mark ensures a comprehensive, independent, and impartial assessment of the environmental and social impacts of a product’s manufacture. Level makes it easy to identify products that have been evaluated against a consensus-based, multi-attribute sustainability standard.
“Davies Office has been and will always be about sustainability. The Steelcase Answer Panel System offers a structurally sound and high-performing product. What we have done at Davies is extend the life of the panel by remanufacturing and repurposing the core product with aesthetically pleasing, cost effective solutions that work to optimize office space and support collaboration all while making a positive impact on the environment,” commented Bill Davies, president of Davies Office.
“Davies Office is now offering clients several green choices in office panel systems that are level certified. This is all part of the continued commitment Davies Office has for environmental—responsibility. We want companies to recognize that you do not need to buy new office workstations to get a modern solution—remanufactured product is not only of the same (if not better quality) but by repurposing product you are helping to sustain people, profits and the planet.”
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?