Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Davies Office, based in Albany, NY, has earned another level Sustainability Certification from the Business and Institutional Furniture Manufacturers Association (BIFMA). This time the recognitions goes to the company’s remanufactured Steelcase Answer Panels Systems line. This is Davies Office ninth BIFMA level certification.
According to BIFMA, the level conformance mark ensures a comprehensive, independent, and impartial assessment of the environmental and social impacts of a product’s manufacture. Level makes it easy to identify products that have been evaluated against a consensus-based, multi-attribute sustainability standard.
“Davies Office has been and will always be about sustainability. The Steelcase Answer Panel System offers a structurally sound and high-performing product. What we have done at Davies is extend the life of the panel by remanufacturing and repurposing the core product with aesthetically pleasing, cost effective solutions that work to optimize office space and support collaboration all while making a positive impact on the environment,” commented Bill Davies, president of Davies Office.
“Davies Office is now offering clients several green choices in office panel systems that are level certified. This is all part of the continued commitment Davies Office has for environmental—responsibility. We want companies to recognize that you do not need to buy new office workstations to get a modern solution—remanufactured product is not only of the same (if not better quality) but by repurposing product you are helping to sustain people, profits and the planet.”
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation