Carnegie has introduced Biobased Xorel, a high performance interior textile, the majority of which is made with plant-based content. Biobased Xorel features 60% to 85% bio content (depending on pattern) derived from sugar cane plant. The U.S. government standard requires 25% to carry the biobased label.
Just as with the original Xorel brand products, Biobased Xorel products can be applied for wallcovering, panel, or upholstery use.
Biobased Xorel has achieved Gold Level Cradle-to-Cradle certification, SCS Indoor Advantage Gold rating, and contributes toward LEED for Commercial Interiors (CI) points in categories such as renewable materials and indoor air quality. Product can be returned to Carnegie at end of useful life for recycling or waste to energy conversion.
Biobased Xorel currently includes six products, including the relaunch of three popular patterns—Strie, Nexus, and Dash. Three new patterns—embroideries Abacus and Topiary, and embossed design Veneer—are also part of the launch. Between them, the six designs are offered in a range of 91 colorways.
Carnegie states that there are no discernable visual or performance differences from existing Xorel products. They offer the same durability and cleanability found with all products in the Xorel line. A proprietary X-Protect backing enables end-users to clean the product aggressively and with a wide range of cleaners, including diluted bleach.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management