Carnegie has introduced Biobased Xorel, a high performance interior textile, the majority of which is made with plant-based content. Biobased Xorel features 60% to 85% bio content (depending on pattern) derived from sugar cane plant. The U.S. government standard requires 25% to carry the biobased label.
Just as with the original Xorel brand products, Biobased Xorel products can be applied for wallcovering, panel, or upholstery use.
Biobased Xorel has achieved Gold Level Cradle-to-Cradle certification, SCS Indoor Advantage Gold rating, and contributes toward LEED for Commercial Interiors (CI) points in categories such as renewable materials and indoor air quality. Product can be returned to Carnegie at end of useful life for recycling or waste to energy conversion.
Biobased Xorel currently includes six products, including the relaunch of three popular patterns—Strie, Nexus, and Dash. Three new patterns—embroideries Abacus and Topiary, and embossed design Veneer—are also part of the launch. Between them, the six designs are offered in a range of 91 colorways.
Carnegie states that there are no discernable visual or performance differences from existing Xorel products. They offer the same durability and cleanability found with all products in the Xorel line. A proprietary X-Protect backing enables end-users to clean the product aggressively and with a wide range of cleaners, including diluted bleach.
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- DCIM For Facility Management
- York Chiller Mobile App
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals