Carnegie has introduced Biobased Xorel, a high performance interior textile, the majority of which is made with plant-based content. Biobased Xorel features 60% to 85% bio content (depending on pattern) derived from sugar cane plant. The U.S. government standard requires 25% to carry the biobased label.
Just as with the original Xorel brand products, Biobased Xorel products can be applied for wallcovering, panel, or upholstery use.
Biobased Xorel has achieved Gold Level Cradle-to-Cradle certification, SCS Indoor Advantage Gold rating, and contributes toward LEED for Commercial Interiors (CI) points in categories such as renewable materials and indoor air quality. Product can be returned to Carnegie at end of useful life for recycling or waste to energy conversion.
Biobased Xorel currently includes six products, including the relaunch of three popular patterns—Strie, Nexus, and Dash. Three new patterns—embroideries Abacus and Topiary, and embossed design Veneer—are also part of the launch. Between them, the six designs are offered in a range of 91 colorways.
Carnegie states that there are no discernable visual or performance differences from existing Xorel products. They offer the same durability and cleanability found with all products in the Xorel line. A proprietary X-Protect backing enables end-users to clean the product aggressively and with a wide range of cleaners, including diluted bleach.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention