The 2013 Atlantic Hurricane Season began on June 1 and officially ends November 30. Addressing the impact these extreme weather events can have on organizations and their facilities, Datawatch Systems has developed HurricaneWatch. This service builds on the company’s existing security services and is tailored to assist clients before, during, and after they are impacted by a hurricane.
This emergency call service enables facility managers to constantly update a single database with property status reports during severe weather events and other catastrophic situations when communication problems triggered by downed power and phone lines are likely to occur.
Using HurricaneWatch, employees can ascertain if their facility is open. They can also update the database with their own status (whether they are safe, able/unable to make it to work, or any number of other factors the facility manager chooses to address when setting up the system). Instructional messages may be provided to employees as they call in, giving all parties consistent and timely reports about the state of their facility. In addition, Datawatch has the ability to store multiple status parameters for an unlimited number of buildings and employees. This information can be viewed online, in real time, while the Datawatch call center is manned 24/7 by calm and courteous personnel.
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Cyber Security In Real Estate