Initiated in 2008, World FM Day aims at raising the profile of the facilities management profession on a global scale. The event has succeeded in mobilizing hundreds of individuals, companies, associations, and partners to celebrate their successes and show the world the important contribution facilities management brings to the built environment.
The Global Facilities Management Association (Global FM) selected “Creating, Sharing & Learning” as the theme for World FM Day 2013. Global FM member organizations on six continents are marking the day by hosting events such as luncheons, seminars, cocktails and workshops, or by undertaking any other activity to celebrate and promote facilities management.
Are you involved in a World FM Day event? How would you like facility management to be recognized throughout the year?
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management