AIA Approves Continuing Education Credit For Green Globes Course
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
The Green Building Initiative (GBI) has announced that the new Green Globes® training course was approved by the American Institute of Architects (AIA) for continuing education credit. AIA members need 18 Learning Units per year, 12 of which must be for Health/Safety/Welfare (HSW).
To receive credit, users must watch “Green Globes for New Construction,” a free the webinar on green building certification. This course is intended for design and construction professionals interested in green building rating systems.
The course code is GBIGGNCJul13; it can be found in the AIA online course directory. The learning objectives of the course include the following:
- Explain the GBI relationship with Green Globes and the background of both.
- Describe the attributes of the Green Globes building assessment program.
- Define the eligibility requirements for Green Globes NC.
- Discuss each of the environmental assessment areas for Green Globes NC.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the background of the Guiding Principles and identify the environmental assessment areas of the Guiding Principles Compliance (GPC) program.
- Summarize the Green Globes NC assessment process.
- Explain the enhancements and features of the Green Globes NC online tool.
- Describe the rating scale for Green Globes NC and GPC programs.
- Identify the support tools available for the Green Globes NC program.
The course provides an overview of the features and use of the newly released version of Green Globes for New Construction (NC), which is based on an ANSI Standard (ANSI/GBI 01-2010: Green Building Assessment Protocol for Commercial Buildings). The updated program contains major enhancements throughout, with a particular focus on the Energy and Materials & Resources sections. It also incorporates criteria to evaluate the Guiding Principles for Federal Leadership in High Performance and Sustainable Buildings.
After viewing the webinar, the user must pass a 10-question online exam and complete an online evaluation. Links to the exam and course evaluation are provided at the end of the webinar. Users must then send GBI an e-mail request containing their AIA member number in order to receive one HSW Learning Unit from AIA.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.