BHMA Begins Roll-Out Of Product Category Rules, Seeks Input
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
The Builders Hardware Manufacturers Association (BHMA) has announced plans to release Product Category Rules in 2013 for builders hardware and is seeking industry input as the plan to regulate environmental testing standards moves forward.
After the initial phase of development within BHMA, the association is putting out a draft for public review before the Product Category Rules are finalized later this year. The objective of the program is to specify testing methods for environmental product declarations.
“The Product Category Rules highlight BHMA’s focus on environmental sustainability and creating uniform standards for comparison of environmental impact,” says Ralph Vasami, Executive Director of Builders Hardware Manufacturers Association. “In order to make sure we have the most comprehensive program possible, we want to open this up for discussion within the industry.”
The first Product Category Rules in development will cover automatic doors and gates, revolving doors, locks, and fittings.
Environmental product declarations have become more prevalent in recent years, owing to the growing concern over the environmental impact of products and their manufacturing processes.
To contribute to the development of BHMA’s Product Category Rules or to learn more about the program, contact Tim Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- FM Alert: Is Your Facility Ready For Winter Weather?
- Did You Miss The “What You Haven’t Heard About LED Upgrades – But Should!” Webinar?
- Question of the Week: How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs In My Facility?
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings