Posted by Heidi Schwartz
The Builders Hardware Manufacturers Association (BHMA) has announced plans to release Product Category Rules in 2013 for builders hardware and is seeking industry input as the plan to regulate environmental testing standards moves forward.
After the initial phase of development within BHMA, the association is putting out a draft for public review before the Product Category Rules are finalized later this year. The objective of the program is to specify testing methods for environmental product declarations.
“The Product Category Rules highlight BHMA’s focus on environmental sustainability and creating uniform standards for comparison of environmental impact,” says Ralph Vasami, Executive Director of Builders Hardware Manufacturers Association. “In order to make sure we have the most comprehensive program possible, we want to open this up for discussion within the industry.”
The first Product Category Rules in development will cover automatic doors and gates, revolving doors, locks, and fittings.
Environmental product declarations have become more prevalent in recent years, owing to the growing concern over the environmental impact of products and their manufacturing processes.
To contribute to the development of BHMA’s Product Category Rules or to learn more about the program, contact Tim Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades