Posted by Heidi Schwartz
The Builders Hardware Manufacturers Association (BHMA) has announced plans to release Product Category Rules in 2013 for builders hardware and is seeking industry input as the plan to regulate environmental testing standards moves forward.
After the initial phase of development within BHMA, the association is putting out a draft for public review before the Product Category Rules are finalized later this year. The objective of the program is to specify testing methods for environmental product declarations.
“The Product Category Rules highlight BHMA’s focus on environmental sustainability and creating uniform standards for comparison of environmental impact,” says Ralph Vasami, Executive Director of Builders Hardware Manufacturers Association. “In order to make sure we have the most comprehensive program possible, we want to open this up for discussion within the industry.”
The first Product Category Rules in development will cover automatic doors and gates, revolving doors, locks, and fittings.
Environmental product declarations have become more prevalent in recent years, owing to the growing concern over the environmental impact of products and their manufacturing processes.
To contribute to the development of BHMA’s Product Category Rules or to learn more about the program, contact Tim Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You might like:
- Facility Management SOLUTIONS 2016
- Aletra LED Troffer By Simkar
- FM SOLUTIONS 2015 (Audio)
- FM Alert: Help Develop New Building Safety, Fire Prevention, And Energy Efficiency Codes
- Resilient Facilities: Strong And Sustainable
- Solve™ Seating by The HON Company
- Teaching Old Buildings New Tricks
- Demilec Closed Cell Spray System Insulates Farm-To-Fork Restaurant
- Global FM Announces World FM Day 2015 To Celebrate Facility Management
- HP PVC-free Durable Smooth Wall Paper
- Biophilic Design For Buildings: 3 Things To Know
- Snap and Mega Eye Protection by Brass Knuckle®
- Department of Energy Adopts ASHRAE 90.1 Efficiency Levels
- Nova Scotia Community College Adopts SARA For Emergency Alerts
- New Year’s Resolutions For FMs Of The Future