BHMA Begins Roll-Out Of Product Category Rules, Seeks Input
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
The Builders Hardware Manufacturers Association (BHMA) has announced plans to release Product Category Rules in 2013 for builders hardware and is seeking industry input as the plan to regulate environmental testing standards moves forward.
After the initial phase of development within BHMA, the association is putting out a draft for public review before the Product Category Rules are finalized later this year. The objective of the program is to specify testing methods for environmental product declarations.
“The Product Category Rules highlight BHMA’s focus on environmental sustainability and creating uniform standards for comparison of environmental impact,” says Ralph Vasami, Executive Director of Builders Hardware Manufacturers Association. “In order to make sure we have the most comprehensive program possible, we want to open this up for discussion within the industry.”
The first Product Category Rules in development will cover automatic doors and gates, revolving doors, locks, and fittings.
Environmental product declarations have become more prevalent in recent years, owing to the growing concern over the environmental impact of products and their manufacturing processes.
To contribute to the development of BHMA’s Product Category Rules or to learn more about the program, contact Tim Bennett at email@example.com.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ