June 2013 Issue (Volume 26, Number 5)
Technology and FM: COBie Data Format | Applicable to the entire facility life cycle, this digital tool eases information transfer.
The HVAC Factor: Wireless Thermostat Conversion | To improve energy use, an office building in Oakland, CA underwent this equipment retrofit.
Professional Development: Equipment Leasing | Adding to facility inventory by renting can preserve cash flow in tough times.
Services & Maintenance: Extending Carpet Life | A consistent maintenance program geared to specific facility conditions keeps this floor surface vibrant.
Building Automation Trends: Building Automation Evolution | What began more than 20 years ago is undergoing another seismic shift.
FM Issue: Surplus Furniture | When tasked with disposing of unwanted inventory, donation is one solution. Also, facility managers can apply the value of outdated furnishings toward new.
Corporate Headquarters Case Study: Target Market | In Cambridge, MA, Forrester Research has moved into a headquarters site that provides the worldwide reach it requires.
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- FM Alert: Is Your Facility Ready For Winter Weather?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- Did You Miss The “What You Haven’t Heard About LED Upgrades – But Should!” Webinar?
- Question of the Week: How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs In My Facility?
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings