Since 2003, Today’s Facility Manager (TFM) has recognized a standout facility management professional for their work on a renovation or new construction project, along with the value they bring to their organizations on a daily basis. TFM‘s editorial staff is currently seeking nominations for its 2014 Facility Executive of the Year Award. The deadline for materials is October 1, 2013.
As the industry’s most prestigious form of recognition, TFM‘s Facility Executive of the Year award includes featured coverage of the winner and their project in the January/February 2014 issue of the magazine. Facility managers may nominate themselves, or they can be nominated by others. Each nominee must approve his/her nomination and should be currently be employed by the organization where the project took place.
Most recently recognized as the 2013 Facility Executive of the Year was J.B. Messer, director of facilities management at Oklahoma City Community College. Messer oversaw the creation of a campus energy master plan in 2000, and since then the college has decreased its power consumption nearly 26% per square foot.
Meanwhile, the 2012 Facility Executive of the Year, Robert Wengel, continues to pursue energy reductions at the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago, IL. As vice president of facilities there, Wengel is part of the team that recently announced the goal to cut energy consumption at the 83 year old building in half by 2020 through a Master Energy Roadmap. A “smart building” prototype, designed by a team of facility, technology, and energy experts, aims to make Shedd the nation’s first clean energy powered cultural institution
For more details on the 2014 Award and to view the nomination form, visit this link: facilityexecutive.com/FEY. Remember to submit by October 1st!
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management