Since 2003, Today’s Facility Manager (TFM) has recognized a standout facility management professional for their work on a renovation or new construction project, along with the value they bring to their organizations on a daily basis. TFM‘s editorial staff is currently seeking nominations for its 2014 Facility Executive of the Year Award. The deadline for materials is October 1, 2013.
As the industry’s most prestigious form of recognition, TFM‘s Facility Executive of the Year award includes featured coverage of the winner and their project in the January/February 2014 issue of the magazine. Facility managers may nominate themselves, or they can be nominated by others. Each nominee must approve his/her nomination and should be currently be employed by the organization where the project took place.
Most recently recognized as the 2013 Facility Executive of the Year was J.B. Messer, director of facilities management at Oklahoma City Community College. Messer oversaw the creation of a campus energy master plan in 2000, and since then the college has decreased its power consumption nearly 26% per square foot.
Meanwhile, the 2012 Facility Executive of the Year, Robert Wengel, continues to pursue energy reductions at the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago, IL. As vice president of facilities there, Wengel is part of the team that recently announced the goal to cut energy consumption at the 83 year old building in half by 2020 through a Master Energy Roadmap. A “smart building” prototype, designed by a team of facility, technology, and energy experts, aims to make Shedd the nation’s first clean energy powered cultural institution
For more details on the 2014 Award and to view the nomination form, visit this link: facilityexecutive.com/FEY. Remember to submit by October 1st!
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention