By B. Kevin Folsom, CEP
Published in the July 2013 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
QI work in facility operations and have faced difficulty when attempting to draft a site survey checklist. Before bidding for any assignment, we conduct an audit of the facility. Do you know of a format that can help me cover all the aspects of hard and soft services, both of which we need to check in our initial audit of the facility?
Emcor Facilities Services
AI would recommend a book that was quite helpful to me while developing my statistical management systems. The book is “The Facilities Audit” by Harvey H. Kaiser. I have personally worked with Dr. Kaiser to organize a discussion on this topic with numerous facility managers coming from many areas of the U.S.
This book does a good job of explaining an overall understanding of facilities, component life cycles, preparing for a facilities audit, designing the audit, collecting data, summarizing the inspection results, and presenting the findings. There are also numerous examples given and sample forms that can be used.
You might like:
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Question Of The Week: Water Conservation Tips
- DCIM For Facility Management
- ISEA Seeking Input For Revision Of High-Visibility Worker Apparel Standard
- Solve™ Seating by The HON Company