Tricks Of The Trade: Comprehensive Audits
By B. Kevin Folsom, CEP
Published in the July 2013 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
QI work in facility operations and have faced difficulty when attempting to draft a site survey checklist. Before bidding for any assignment, we conduct an audit of the facility. Do you know of a format that can help me cover all the aspects of hard and soft services, both of which we need to check in our initial audit of the facility?
Emcor Facilities Services
AI would recommend a book that was quite helpful to me while developing my statistical management systems. The book is “The Facilities Audit” by Harvey H. Kaiser. I have personally worked with Dr. Kaiser to organize a discussion on this topic with numerous facility managers coming from many areas of the U.S.
This book does a good job of explaining an overall understanding of facilities, component life cycles, preparing for a facilities audit, designing the audit, collecting data, summarizing the inspection results, and presenting the findings. There are also numerous examples given and sample forms that can be used.
You might like:
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Did You Miss The “What You Haven’t Heard About LED Upgrades – But Should!” Webinar?
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Upgrading Power Transformers
- Fall Is A Great Time To Focus On Energy Systems
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- Webinar: The Impact of Using Defendable Data to Assess & Budget for the Future
- Stepping Up Security And Service During UN Week 2015
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Greener Living, One Parking Lot At A Time
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas