By B. Kevin Folsom, CEP
Published in the July 2013 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
QI work in facility operations and have faced difficulty when attempting to draft a site survey checklist. Before bidding for any assignment, we conduct an audit of the facility. Do you know of a format that can help me cover all the aspects of hard and soft services, both of which we need to check in our initial audit of the facility?
Emcor Facilities Services
AI would recommend a book that was quite helpful to me while developing my statistical management systems. The book is “The Facilities Audit” by Harvey H. Kaiser. I have personally worked with Dr. Kaiser to organize a discussion on this topic with numerous facility managers coming from many areas of the U.S.
This book does a good job of explaining an overall understanding of facilities, component life cycles, preparing for a facilities audit, designing the audit, collecting data, summarizing the inspection results, and presenting the findings. There are also numerous examples given and sample forms that can be used.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention