Posted by Heidi Schwartz
The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE) presented four Champion of Energy Efficiency Awards at its Summer Study on Energy Efficiency in Industry. The awards recognize leadership and accomplishment in the energy efficiency field. Winners are selected based on demonstrated excellence in program implementation, research and development, energy policy, or private sector initiatives.
The winners for 2013 are:
- Paul Scheihing, technology manager at the U.S. Department of Energy’s Advanced Manufacturing Office, for leadership in implementation of industrial energy efficiency, and a career of advocating for energy efficiency within government and industry.
- Rick Marsh, director at the Industrial Energy Efficiency Network, for leadership in industrial energy efficiency in the Southeast, and serving as a mentor to other industrial energy efficiency professionals around the country.
- Joe Almaguer, global energy efficiency & conservation leader at The Dow Chemical Company, for a career of implementing industrial energy efficiency at The Dow Chemical Company, and providing leadership on industrial energy efficiency policies globally.
- Bonneville Power Administration’s Energy Smart Industrial Program and Jennifer Eskil, industrial sector lead, for the development and delivery of an exemplary industrial energy efficiency program on an aggressive schedule with impressive results.
The winners were nominated by their peers and selected by a committee of ACEEE’s Board of Directors from an impressive group of over 75 nominations. Selection criteria were based on each nominee’s impact, innovation, and leadership in the energy efficiency field.
This year’s Champions Awards were presented at the 2013 ACEEE Summer Study on Energy Efficiency in Industry in Niagara Falls, NY. These champions join a select group of individual who have been recognized for their leadership by ACEEE.
You might like:
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Question Of The Week: Water Conservation Tips
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- DCIM For Facility Management
- ISEA Seeking Input For Revision Of High-Visibility Worker Apparel Standard
- Demilec Closed Cell Spray System Insulates Farm-To-Fork Restaurant
- Nova Scotia Community College Adopts SARA For Emergency Alerts
- Intelligent Restroom App from Kimberly-Clark Professional
- Friday Funny: Eight Linemen, One Elevator
- Solve™ Seating by The HON Company