Posted by Heidi Schwartz
The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE) presented four Champion of Energy Efficiency Awards at its Summer Study on Energy Efficiency in Industry. The awards recognize leadership and accomplishment in the energy efficiency field. Winners are selected based on demonstrated excellence in program implementation, research and development, energy policy, or private sector initiatives.
The winners for 2013 are:
- Paul Scheihing, technology manager at the U.S. Department of Energy’s Advanced Manufacturing Office, for leadership in implementation of industrial energy efficiency, and a career of advocating for energy efficiency within government and industry.
- Rick Marsh, director at the Industrial Energy Efficiency Network, for leadership in industrial energy efficiency in the Southeast, and serving as a mentor to other industrial energy efficiency professionals around the country.
- Joe Almaguer, global energy efficiency & conservation leader at The Dow Chemical Company, for a career of implementing industrial energy efficiency at The Dow Chemical Company, and providing leadership on industrial energy efficiency policies globally.
- Bonneville Power Administration’s Energy Smart Industrial Program and Jennifer Eskil, industrial sector lead, for the development and delivery of an exemplary industrial energy efficiency program on an aggressive schedule with impressive results.
The winners were nominated by their peers and selected by a committee of ACEEE’s Board of Directors from an impressive group of over 75 nominations. Selection criteria were based on each nominee’s impact, innovation, and leadership in the energy efficiency field.
This year’s Champions Awards were presented at the 2013 ACEEE Summer Study on Energy Efficiency in Industry in Niagara Falls, NY. These champions join a select group of individual who have been recognized for their leadership by ACEEE.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades