Dolly Parton has been popping up all over recently. First, a slowed down version of her old hit, “Joline,” went viral on YouTube, (nearly 1.5 million views is officially viral), then the news broke that Dolly would be busting out the jackhammers and bulldozers to expand her beloved Dollywood resort in the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee.
The warbling entrepreneur held a press conference to announce her plans for $300 million in capital investments in The Dollywood Company over the next 10 years. The investment includes new attractions, resorts, and the creation of more than 2,500 jobs.
“I’ve always been a big dreamer, just like I’ve always wanted to do more for my home here in these beautiful Smoky Mountains,” Parton said, “This is where I nurtured my heart’s dreams, and I want to share more of them. My plans for the next 10 years are to expand my Dollywood properties to offer families more opportunities to play together and grow closer while they make their best memories. It’s truly the culmination of this country girl’s wildest dreams!”
Construction is already under way on the new FireChaser Express rollercoaster, and to mark the company’s 30th anniversary, the 300-room Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort is scheduled for completion in 2015. Open nine months a year (late March through early January), Dollywood offers rides and attractions, shows, and a dozen crafters authentic to the East Tennessee region.
The Dollywood empire consists of the 150-acre Dollywood theme park; the 35-acre Dollywood’s Splash Country, and Dollywood Cabins. And if all goes according to plan, fans will surely be singing “Here You Come Again” in praise of their beloved Dolly.
You might like:
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- DCIM For Facility Management
- Nova Scotia Community College Adopts SARA For Emergency Alerts
- Question Of The Week: Water Conservation Tips