FRIDAY FUNNY: Dolly Parton’s World Is About To Get Bigger
Dolly Parton has been popping up all over recently. First, a slowed down version of her old hit, “Joline,” went viral on YouTube, (nearly 1.5 million views is officially viral), then the news broke that Dolly would be busting out the jackhammers and bulldozers to expand her beloved Dollywood resort in the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee.
The warbling entrepreneur held a press conference to announce her plans for $300 million in capital investments in The Dollywood Company over the next 10 years. The investment includes new attractions, resorts, and the creation of more than 2,500 jobs.
“I’ve always been a big dreamer, just like I’ve always wanted to do more for my home here in these beautiful Smoky Mountains,” Parton said, “This is where I nurtured my heart’s dreams, and I want to share more of them. My plans for the next 10 years are to expand my Dollywood properties to offer families more opportunities to play together and grow closer while they make their best memories. It’s truly the culmination of this country girl’s wildest dreams!”
Construction is already under way on the new FireChaser Express rollercoaster, and to mark the company’s 30th anniversary, the 300-room Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort is scheduled for completion in 2015. Open nine months a year (late March through early January), Dollywood offers rides and attractions, shows, and a dozen crafters authentic to the East Tennessee region.
The Dollywood empire consists of the 150-acre Dollywood theme park; the 35-acre Dollywood’s Splash Country, and Dollywood Cabins. And if all goes according to plan, fans will surely be singing “Here You Come Again” in praise of their beloved Dolly.
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- Did You Miss The “What You Haven’t Heard About LED Upgrades – But Should!” Webinar?
- FM Alert: Is Your Facility Ready For Winter Weather?
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management