July 2013 Issue (Volume 26, Number 6)
FM Frequency: A Place Called Subiaco | Nestled in the Arkansas River valley, what began as a monastery in 1878 has expanded to a multiuse facility.
Professional Development: Not Your Father’s Metal Building | Since the Quonset hut was introduced in the 1940s, research on making this material perform is ongoing.
Services & Maintenance: Honing In On Pest Birds | Inspection, implementation, and follow-up forge the path to reducing this nuisance. Also, modifying glass façades help save birds from fatal collisions.
Web Based FM Trends: The Internet Of Things | While many facility systems already employ web-based tools, the emergence of Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) is a game changer.
FM Issue: NextGen Electrical | Enclosing metering equipment in circuit breakers boosts monitoring capabilities. Plus, addressing power inefficiencies improves data center operations.
Higher Education Case Study: Future Proof | A new classroom facility at Mt. San Jacinto College in Menifee, CA was designed to anticipate demands over the horizon.
Renewable Energy: Combined Heat And Power With Fuel Cells | Producing on-site power with this technology reduces pollutants and increases efficiency.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices