NEW PRODUCT FLASH: Smart Jacket from Thermaxx
Smart Jackets are digital insulation covers that report data on the performance and condition of HVAC steam traps and other steam components. Featuring a built-in wireless temperature monitoring system, these covers monitor temperatures, evaluate equipment/system status, and notify facility managers if there is a deviation from the norm. The automated insulation product is the result of collaboration between sensor specialist Embedded Energy Technology and West Haven, CT insulation fabricator Thermaxx Jackets.
Large scale steam distribution and heating systems represent more than 10% of annual energy consumption in the U.S., according to Thermaxx Jackets, and nearly all of these are subject to radiant heat loss and steam leakage. Facilities can recover significant costs by installing the removable Smart Jacket to prevent heat loss and quickly detect failing components.
Smart Jackets record internal and ambient room temperatures using a wireless sensor. Every data point is reported to an online dashboard, allowing facility managers to monitor efficiency from any location. Custom e-mail and text message alerts can be set to notify maintenance staff in the event of fluctuation or critical levels.
The utility distribution superintendent at the University of Georgia, Robert White, has installed Smart Jackets, and he says, “We currently have more than 170 buried steam vaults, some of which require road or lane closures to access… Thermaxx Smart Jackets are now in 80% of our steam pits and will be in the remainder as soon as funding allows.”
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ