The Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA) has released research indicating that design-build project delivery represents nearly 40% of total market share in the United States, based on dollar value at the end of 2012. This represents an eight percent growth increase since 2005. The geographic area with the highest design-build delivery market share is the Pacific region at 59%. In addition, research findings show the military sector dominates design-build project delivery with an 81% market share.
In a study of 48,640 project specifications across nine building sectors and geographic regions, DBIA found commercial building was the second largest sector, followed by medical building for design-build project delivery in 2012. In addition, research from DBIA reveals that market size, as defined as the potential share of design-build delivery according to dollar value, has doubled in the United States since 2005.
A copy of the full report, “Design-Build Project Delivery Market Share and Market Size Report,” is available here. The report was compiled and analyzed by Reed Construction Data/RSMeans Market Intelligence in 2013.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- Workplace Study Reveals Insight On Open Office Layouts