The Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA) has released research indicating that design-build project delivery represents nearly 40% of total market share in the United States, based on dollar value at the end of 2012. This represents an eight percent growth increase since 2005. The geographic area with the highest design-build delivery market share is the Pacific region at 59%. In addition, research findings show the military sector dominates design-build project delivery with an 81% market share.
In a study of 48,640 project specifications across nine building sectors and geographic regions, DBIA found commercial building was the second largest sector, followed by medical building for design-build project delivery in 2012. In addition, research from DBIA reveals that market size, as defined as the potential share of design-build delivery according to dollar value, has doubled in the United States since 2005.
A copy of the full report, “Design-Build Project Delivery Market Share and Market Size Report,” is available here. The report was compiled and analyzed by Reed Construction Data/RSMeans Market Intelligence in 2013.
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- York Chiller Mobile App