The Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA) has released research indicating that design-build project delivery represents nearly 40% of total market share in the United States, based on dollar value at the end of 2012. This represents an eight percent growth increase since 2005. The geographic area with the highest design-build delivery market share is the Pacific region at 59%. In addition, research findings show the military sector dominates design-build project delivery with an 81% market share.
In a study of 48,640 project specifications across nine building sectors and geographic regions, DBIA found commercial building was the second largest sector, followed by medical building for design-build project delivery in 2012. In addition, research from DBIA reveals that market size, as defined as the potential share of design-build delivery according to dollar value, has doubled in the United States since 2005.
A copy of the full report, “Design-Build Project Delivery Market Share and Market Size Report,” is available here. The report was compiled and analyzed by Reed Construction Data/RSMeans Market Intelligence in 2013.
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Cyber Security In Real Estate