The Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA) has released research indicating that design-build project delivery represents nearly 40% of total market share in the United States, based on dollar value at the end of 2012. This represents an eight percent growth increase since 2005. The geographic area with the highest design-build delivery market share is the Pacific region at 59%. In addition, research findings show the military sector dominates design-build project delivery with an 81% market share.
In a study of 48,640 project specifications across nine building sectors and geographic regions, DBIA found commercial building was the second largest sector, followed by medical building for design-build project delivery in 2012. In addition, research from DBIA reveals that market size, as defined as the potential share of design-build delivery according to dollar value, has doubled in the United States since 2005.
A copy of the full report, “Design-Build Project Delivery Market Share and Market Size Report,” is available here. The report was compiled and analyzed by Reed Construction Data/RSMeans Market Intelligence in 2013.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management