Technology and FM: Security Perimeters | Fence mounted sensors, electromagnetic fields, and intelligent cameras are among the tools to consider.
The HVAC Factor: Spiral Round Ductwork | This alternative to rectangular ducting provides increased efficiencies in the right conditions.
Professional Development: Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) | The increased use of mobile devices spurs facility managers to introduce formal policies for their staff.
Services & Maintenance: Lighting Retrofits With LEDs | The use of LED technology in a variety of facility applications continues to expand.
FM Issue: Cool Down | Reflective roofing reduces the heat that penetrates into a facility. Plus, at Duke Medicine in Durham, NC, vegetative roofs help stormwater management.
Security Trends: Elevating Safeguards | Near field communications (NFC) provides robust capabilities for access control systems and more. Also, surveillance cameras enhance outdoor security.
Manufacturing Case Study: At A Swift Pace | In Welland, Ontario, a manufacturing plant is brought online in an abbreviated timeline. Plus, the U.S. Department of Energy continues its Better Buildings, Better Plants program.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention