Technology and FM: Security Perimeters | Fence mounted sensors, electromagnetic fields, and intelligent cameras are among the tools to consider.
The HVAC Factor: Spiral Round Ductwork | This alternative to rectangular ducting provides increased efficiencies in the right conditions.
Professional Development: Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) | The increased use of mobile devices spurs facility managers to introduce formal policies for their staff.
Services & Maintenance: Lighting Retrofits With LEDs | The use of LED technology in a variety of facility applications continues to expand.
FM Issue: Cool Down | Reflective roofing reduces the heat that penetrates into a facility. Plus, at Duke Medicine in Durham, NC, vegetative roofs help stormwater management.
Security Trends: Elevating Safeguards | Near field communications (NFC) provides robust capabilities for access control systems and more. Also, surveillance cameras enhance outdoor security.
Manufacturing Case Study: At A Swift Pace | In Welland, Ontario, a manufacturing plant is brought online in an abbreviated timeline. Plus, the U.S. Department of Energy continues its Better Buildings, Better Plants program.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- Workplace Study Reveals Insight On Open Office Layouts