August 2013 Issue (Volume 26, Number 7)
Technology and FM: Security Perimeters | Fence mounted sensors, electromagnetic fields, and intelligent cameras are among the tools to consider.
The HVAC Factor: Spiral Round Ductwork | This alternative to rectangular ducting provides increased efficiencies in the right conditions.
Professional Development: Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) | The increased use of mobile devices spurs facility managers to introduce formal policies for their staff.
Services & Maintenance: Lighting Retrofits With LEDs | The use of LED technology in a variety of facility applications continues to expand.
FM Issue: Cool Down | Reflective roofing reduces the heat that penetrates into a facility. Plus, at Duke Medicine in Durham, NC, vegetative roofs help stormwater management.
Security Trends: Elevating Safeguards | Near field communications (NFC) provides robust capabilities for access control systems and more. Also, surveillance cameras enhance outdoor security.
Manufacturing Case Study: At A Swift Pace | In Welland, Ontario, a manufacturing plant is brought online in an abbreviated timeline. Plus, the U.S. Department of Energy continues its Better Buildings, Better Plants program.
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Question Of The Week: Annual Testing And Maintenance Of Backflow Preventer
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question of the Week: How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs In My Facility?
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management