Technology and FM: Security Perimeters | Fence mounted sensors, electromagnetic fields, and intelligent cameras are among the tools to consider.
The HVAC Factor: Spiral Round Ductwork | This alternative to rectangular ducting provides increased efficiencies in the right conditions.
Professional Development: Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) | The increased use of mobile devices spurs facility managers to introduce formal policies for their staff.
Services & Maintenance: Lighting Retrofits With LEDs | The use of LED technology in a variety of facility applications continues to expand.
FM Issue: Cool Down | Reflective roofing reduces the heat that penetrates into a facility. Plus, at Duke Medicine in Durham, NC, vegetative roofs help stormwater management.
Security Trends: Elevating Safeguards | Near field communications (NFC) provides robust capabilities for access control systems and more. Also, surveillance cameras enhance outdoor security.
Manufacturing Case Study: At A Swift Pace | In Welland, Ontario, a manufacturing plant is brought online in an abbreviated timeline. Plus, the U.S. Department of Energy continues its Better Buildings, Better Plants program.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation