BOMI International and Spring Arbor University are collaborating in an effort to enhance the competencies—knowledge, skills, and abilities—of current and prospective facility management professionals. The partnership incorporates three courses that comprise the BOMI International Facilities Management Certificate (FMC) program into a selection of Spring Arbor University’s Organizational Management major and Business major courses.
“BOMI International is honored to work in partnership with Spring Arbor University. This new collaboration between our two institutions provides a well-rounded educational opportunity that prepares prospective facility managers for rewarding careers,” said Jeffrey Horn, president and CEO of BOMI International.
Spring Arbor University’s high-level curricula in business, management, and leadership integrated with BOMI International’s courses—Fundamentals of Facilities Management, The Design, Operation, and Maintenance of Building Systems, Part I and Part II—will create a robust 36-credit hour Facilities Management major.
“Spring Arbor University is excited to join BOMI International in this new venture, said Associate Dean, Professional Studies, Tamara Dindoffer, Ph.D. “By combining BOMI’s industry leading facilities management training with our proven business and management curriculum, the resulting Bachelor Degree in Facilities Management will offer students a solid educational and professional foundation emphasizing current and comprehensive knowledge of the field.”
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation