Appalachian State University (ASU) is setting an example in energy efficiency, and being a good steward of student fees, with a move to an all-LED lighting solution from Cree in its Plemmons Student Union. ASU is one of the first North Carolina based higher education facilities to take advantage of high-efficiency LED lights. The energy cost savings not only improves the bottom line but most importantly invest in the long-term commitment to the educational experience and safety of the student body.
Author’s bio; Casadonte is a product marketing manager at Cree, an industry leader in LED lamps and luminaire products for interior and exterior applications. Throughout his more than 20 years of technology experience, he has held numerous marketing positions involving product positioning, channel marketing, industry and public relations, which have offered him the opportunity to work extensively with engineers, facility managers, and public and private institutions. Casadonte often interfaces with end customers and industry advisors to understand requirements and key business trends to convert to new product enhancements. Casadonte currently supports Cree’s Education initiative to help support the company’s sustainability efforts and achieve LEED qualification for the many institutions nationwide.
Please fill out the following form in order to access the free case study:
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Did You Miss “Facilities Management Challenges And Opportunities In 2016” Webinar?