Appalachian State University (ASU) is setting an example in energy efficiency, and being a good steward of student fees, with a move to an all-LED lighting solution from Cree in its Plemmons Student Union. ASU is one of the first North Carolina based higher education facilities to take advantage of high-efficiency LED lights. The energy cost savings not only improves the bottom line but most importantly invest in the long-term commitment to the educational experience and safety of the student body.
Author’s bio; Casadonte is a product marketing manager at Cree, an industry leader in LED lamps and luminaire products for interior and exterior applications. Throughout his more than 20 years of technology experience, he has held numerous marketing positions involving product positioning, channel marketing, industry and public relations, which have offered him the opportunity to work extensively with engineers, facility managers, and public and private institutions. Casadonte often interfaces with end customers and industry advisors to understand requirements and key business trends to convert to new product enhancements. Casadonte currently supports Cree’s Education initiative to help support the company’s sustainability efforts and achieve LEED qualification for the many institutions nationwide.
Please fill out the following form in order to access the free case study:
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- HeiTel XOh by Xtralis