NFSI Announces Slip/Fall Prevention Coalition
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
The non-profit National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI) has formed a Slip/Fall Prevention Coalition to reduce slips, trips and falls and related injury. The coalition consists of the NFSI Board of Directors (BOD), NFSI members, and non-member organizations seeking to advance the health and safety mission of the NFSI.
“Our goal is to build a comprehensive network of organizations, associations, unions, and other stakeholders impacted by the growing costs of slips, trips, and falls,” said Russell Kendzior, president of NFSI. “The problem cannot be solved by the NFSI alone, but NFSI will serve as catalyst to advance the discussion.”
The first NFSI coalition involves a consortium of prominent organizations interested in the prevention of slip, trip, and fall (STF) incidents in restaurants and food service environments, where these events are a leading cause of occupational injuries. The Boise, ID-based Healthy Facilities Institute® (HFI) Educational Center and Website will provide marketing support and exposure within the facilities cleaning industry. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) and the World Floor Covering Association (WFCA) will also directly support the outreach.
Coalitions will be formed or strengthened in markets of the AARP (elderly Americans), food service (e.g., National Restaurant Association), retail (e.g., National Retail Federation), hospitality (e.g., IEHA, AH&LA), institutional cleaning (e.g., IEHA, ISSA), and education (e.g., National PTA, ASBO) sectors among others. Members of the Slip/Fall Prevention Coalition will be recognized in NFSI literature and membership materials.
For more information about joining a market-specific NFSI Slip/Fall Prevention Coalition, please contact Laura Cooper.
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- FM Alert: Is Your Facility Ready For Winter Weather?
- Resilient Facilities: Strong And Sustainable
- Did You Miss The “What You Haven’t Heard About LED Upgrades – But Should!” Webinar?