Posted by Heidi Schwartz
The non-profit National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI) has formed a Slip/Fall Prevention Coalition to reduce slips, trips and falls and related injury. The coalition consists of the NFSI Board of Directors (BOD), NFSI members, and non-member organizations seeking to advance the health and safety mission of the NFSI.
“Our goal is to build a comprehensive network of organizations, associations, unions, and other stakeholders impacted by the growing costs of slips, trips, and falls,” said Russell Kendzior, president of NFSI. “The problem cannot be solved by the NFSI alone, but NFSI will serve as catalyst to advance the discussion.”
The first NFSI coalition involves a consortium of prominent organizations interested in the prevention of slip, trip, and fall (STF) incidents in restaurants and food service environments, where these events are a leading cause of occupational injuries. The Boise, ID-based Healthy Facilities Institute® (HFI) Educational Center and Website will provide marketing support and exposure within the facilities cleaning industry. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) and the World Floor Covering Association (WFCA) will also directly support the outreach.
Coalitions will be formed or strengthened in markets of the AARP (elderly Americans), food service (e.g., National Restaurant Association), retail (e.g., National Retail Federation), hospitality (e.g., IEHA, AH&LA), institutional cleaning (e.g., IEHA, ISSA), and education (e.g., National PTA, ASBO) sectors among others. Members of the Slip/Fall Prevention Coalition will be recognized in NFSI literature and membership materials.
For more information about joining a market-specific NFSI Slip/Fall Prevention Coalition, please contact Laura Cooper.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- Workplace Study Reveals Insight On Open Office Layouts