Posted by Heidi Schwartz
The non-profit National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI) has formed a Slip/Fall Prevention Coalition to reduce slips, trips and falls and related injury. The coalition consists of the NFSI Board of Directors (BOD), NFSI members, and non-member organizations seeking to advance the health and safety mission of the NFSI.
“Our goal is to build a comprehensive network of organizations, associations, unions, and other stakeholders impacted by the growing costs of slips, trips, and falls,” said Russell Kendzior, president of NFSI. “The problem cannot be solved by the NFSI alone, but NFSI will serve as catalyst to advance the discussion.”
The first NFSI coalition involves a consortium of prominent organizations interested in the prevention of slip, trip, and fall (STF) incidents in restaurants and food service environments, where these events are a leading cause of occupational injuries. The Boise, ID-based Healthy Facilities Institute® (HFI) Educational Center and Website will provide marketing support and exposure within the facilities cleaning industry. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) and the World Floor Covering Association (WFCA) will also directly support the outreach.
Coalitions will be formed or strengthened in markets of the AARP (elderly Americans), food service (e.g., National Restaurant Association), retail (e.g., National Retail Federation), hospitality (e.g., IEHA, AH&LA), institutional cleaning (e.g., IEHA, ISSA), and education (e.g., National PTA, ASBO) sectors among others. Members of the Slip/Fall Prevention Coalition will be recognized in NFSI literature and membership materials.
For more information about joining a market-specific NFSI Slip/Fall Prevention Coalition, please contact Laura Cooper.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management