The International Facility Management Association is pleased to announce that Philadelphia Mayor Michael A. Nutter will offer comments at the opening session of World Workplace 2013. The mayor’s comments will follow a panel discussion entitled “Ask the CEO: The Current State & the Future of FM,” featuring CEOs from well-known companies and organizations. The conference and expo runs from October 2-4, 2013.
Born in Philadelphia and educated at the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, Nutter has been committed to public service since his youth in West Philadelphia. He served almost 15 years on the Philadelphia City Council, earning the reputation of a reformer, before his election as mayor of Philadelphia. In June 2013, Mayor Nutter concluded his yearlong tenure as president of the United States Conference of Mayors.
Sworn in for a second term in January 2012, Nutter has set an aggressive agenda for America’s fifth-largest city, vowing to strengthen community policing and continuing to implement the nationally recognized GreenWorks Philadelphia initiative that is helping to make Philadelphia become the greenest city in America.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- Workplace Study Reveals Insight On Open Office Layouts
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security