The International Facility Management Association is pleased to announce that Philadelphia Mayor Michael A. Nutter will offer comments at the opening session of World Workplace 2013. The mayor’s comments will follow a panel discussion entitled “Ask the CEO: The Current State & the Future of FM,” featuring CEOs from well-known companies and organizations. The conference and expo runs from October 2-4, 2013.
Born in Philadelphia and educated at the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, Nutter has been committed to public service since his youth in West Philadelphia. He served almost 15 years on the Philadelphia City Council, earning the reputation of a reformer, before his election as mayor of Philadelphia. In June 2013, Mayor Nutter concluded his yearlong tenure as president of the United States Conference of Mayors.
Sworn in for a second term in January 2012, Nutter has set an aggressive agenda for America’s fifth-largest city, vowing to strengthen community policing and continuing to implement the nationally recognized GreenWorks Philadelphia initiative that is helping to make Philadelphia become the greenest city in America.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management