The International Facility Management Association is pleased to announce that Philadelphia Mayor Michael A. Nutter will offer comments at the opening session of World Workplace 2013. The mayor’s comments will follow a panel discussion entitled “Ask the CEO: The Current State & the Future of FM,” featuring CEOs from well-known companies and organizations. The conference and expo runs from October 2-4, 2013.
Born in Philadelphia and educated at the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, Nutter has been committed to public service since his youth in West Philadelphia. He served almost 15 years on the Philadelphia City Council, earning the reputation of a reformer, before his election as mayor of Philadelphia. In June 2013, Mayor Nutter concluded his yearlong tenure as president of the United States Conference of Mayors.
Sworn in for a second term in January 2012, Nutter has set an aggressive agenda for America’s fifth-largest city, vowing to strengthen community policing and continuing to implement the nationally recognized GreenWorks Philadelphia initiative that is helping to make Philadelphia become the greenest city in America.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation