The International Facility Management Association is pleased to announce that Philadelphia Mayor Michael A. Nutter will offer comments at the opening session of World Workplace 2013. The mayor’s comments will follow a panel discussion entitled “Ask the CEO: The Current State & the Future of FM,” featuring CEOs from well-known companies and organizations. The conference and expo runs from October 2-4, 2013.
Born in Philadelphia and educated at the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, Nutter has been committed to public service since his youth in West Philadelphia. He served almost 15 years on the Philadelphia City Council, earning the reputation of a reformer, before his election as mayor of Philadelphia. In June 2013, Mayor Nutter concluded his yearlong tenure as president of the United States Conference of Mayors.
Sworn in for a second term in January 2012, Nutter has set an aggressive agenda for America’s fifth-largest city, vowing to strengthen community policing and continuing to implement the nationally recognized GreenWorks Philadelphia initiative that is helping to make Philadelphia become the greenest city in America.
You might like:
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- Trends: Lighting Takes Center Stage
- Friday Funny: The Verdict’s In On Pets At Work
- Education Case Study: Wellness In Action
- DCIM For Facility Management
- Physical Security Planning
- Question Of The Week: Design Leads To Tricky Facility Repair?
- JLL Creates Workplace Of The Future At Revamped HQ
- The HVAC Factor: New Life For An Aging Chiller Plant
- Why Governance Is Critical To Successful Outsourcing
- Friday Funny: Take Me (And Your Wallet) Out To The Ballgame
- Friday Funny: Building Face Draws Curb Appeal?
- Clean Energy Finance Tool Awarded At Bloomberg Event
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms