Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Maintenance management software resource Software Advice has released its 2013 Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) Benchmark Report, a study that gauges software adoption and satisfaction among maintenance professionals. The survey asked how satisfied professionals were with their systems’ features and vendor support and looked to compare the effectiveness of different maintenance management systems.
Here are some key findings of the study:
When asked how satisfied they were with their software’s preventive maintenance features, 83% of CMMS users said they were satisfied.
When asked how their software would increase asset liability, 59% reported they were satisfied with their systems’ ability to improve asset longevity, the highest among all surveyed groups.
When asked how often they encounter challenges managing recurring maintenance events, 74% of non-CMMS users reported they often encounter challenges in this area, while only 19% of CMMS users reported the same.
When asked how well software fits needs (mobile vs. desktop) respondents said software that supports mobile devices better fit professionals’ needs. On a 10-point scale, mobile software users rated their systems three points higher than users of software that lacked mobile support.
The report also identified three major priorities for maintenances professionals in 2013
- Improve inventory tracking and organization in order to transition from corrective to preventive maintenance.
- Reduce asset downtime and increase overall reliability to bring down total costs.
- Better utilize mobile technology to improve worker communication and effectiveness.
In 2013 and beyond, Software Advice will continue to track how maintenance management software evolves and how professionals utilize new technology to improve their effectiveness. For more information on this survey, the report can be viewed in its entirety here.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- Site Security: Background Checks
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs