Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Maintenance management software resource Software Advice has released its 2013 Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) Benchmark Report, a study that gauges software adoption and satisfaction among maintenance professionals. The survey asked how satisfied professionals were with their systems’ features and vendor support and looked to compare the effectiveness of different maintenance management systems.
Here are some key findings of the study:
When asked how satisfied they were with their software’s preventive maintenance features, 83% of CMMS users said they were satisfied.
When asked how their software would increase asset liability, 59% reported they were satisfied with their systems’ ability to improve asset longevity, the highest among all surveyed groups.
When asked how often they encounter challenges managing recurring maintenance events, 74% of non-CMMS users reported they often encounter challenges in this area, while only 19% of CMMS users reported the same.
When asked how well software fits needs (mobile vs. desktop) respondents said software that supports mobile devices better fit professionals’ needs. On a 10-point scale, mobile software users rated their systems three points higher than users of software that lacked mobile support.
The report also identified three major priorities for maintenances professionals in 2013
- Improve inventory tracking and organization in order to transition from corrective to preventive maintenance.
- Reduce asset downtime and increase overall reliability to bring down total costs.
- Better utilize mobile technology to improve worker communication and effectiveness.
In 2013 and beyond, Software Advice will continue to track how maintenance management software evolves and how professionals utilize new technology to improve their effectiveness. For more information on this survey, the report can be viewed in its entirety here.
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices