Report Finds CMMS Software Can Improve Outcomes
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Maintenance management software resource Software Advice has released its 2013 Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) Benchmark Report, a study that gauges software adoption and satisfaction among maintenance professionals. The survey asked how satisfied professionals were with their systems’ features and vendor support and looked to compare the effectiveness of different maintenance management systems.
Here are some key findings of the study:
When asked how satisfied they were with their software’s preventive maintenance features, 83% of CMMS users said they were satisfied.
When asked how their software would increase asset liability, 59% reported they were satisfied with their systems’ ability to improve asset longevity, the highest among all surveyed groups.
When asked how often they encounter challenges managing recurring maintenance events, 74% of non-CMMS users reported they often encounter challenges in this area, while only 19% of CMMS users reported the same.
When asked how well software fits needs (mobile vs. desktop) respondents said software that supports mobile devices better fit professionals’ needs. On a 10-point scale, mobile software users rated their systems three points higher than users of software that lacked mobile support.
The report also identified three major priorities for maintenances professionals in 2013
- Improve inventory tracking and organization in order to transition from corrective to preventive maintenance.
- Reduce asset downtime and increase overall reliability to bring down total costs.
- Better utilize mobile technology to improve worker communication and effectiveness.
In 2013 and beyond, Software Advice will continue to track how maintenance management software evolves and how professionals utilize new technology to improve their effectiveness. For more information on this survey, the report can be viewed in its entirety here.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ