Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Maintenance management software resource Software Advice has released its 2013 Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) Benchmark Report, a study that gauges software adoption and satisfaction among maintenance professionals. The survey asked how satisfied professionals were with their systems’ features and vendor support and looked to compare the effectiveness of different maintenance management systems.
Here are some key findings of the study:
When asked how satisfied they were with their software’s preventive maintenance features, 83% of CMMS users said they were satisfied.
When asked how their software would increase asset liability, 59% reported they were satisfied with their systems’ ability to improve asset longevity, the highest among all surveyed groups.
When asked how often they encounter challenges managing recurring maintenance events, 74% of non-CMMS users reported they often encounter challenges in this area, while only 19% of CMMS users reported the same.
When asked how well software fits needs (mobile vs. desktop) respondents said software that supports mobile devices better fit professionals’ needs. On a 10-point scale, mobile software users rated their systems three points higher than users of software that lacked mobile support.
The report also identified three major priorities for maintenances professionals in 2013
- Improve inventory tracking and organization in order to transition from corrective to preventive maintenance.
- Reduce asset downtime and increase overall reliability to bring down total costs.
- Better utilize mobile technology to improve worker communication and effectiveness.
In 2013 and beyond, Software Advice will continue to track how maintenance management software evolves and how professionals utilize new technology to improve their effectiveness. For more information on this survey, the report can be viewed in its entirety here.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management