Tricks Of The Trade: Sub-Carpet Discoveries
By B. Kevin Folsom, CEP
Published in the August 2013 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
QI’m having trouble removing several years’ worth of old glue and paint that was under an indoor/outdoor carpet I have removed. Do you know of a good solution that would do the job? I need to repaint the concrete floor after I have it as clean as I can get it.
Stoick Management, Inc.
AThis is a tough job! I have been successful by using paint stripper with a scraper and wire brush for a job like this. Once it is cleaned, I would scrub the area with water; then use a Wet-Vac to remove the solution before it has dried.
If the paint you’re using requires direct to concrete application, you may have to grind the concrete with a diamond pad to a virgin surface.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.