BOMA International Joins Global Coalition On International Property Measurement Standards
BOMA International signed a declaration to become a member of the International Property Measurement Standards Coalition (IPMSC). The coalition is comprised of the leading professional and non-governmental organizations from around the world and is focused on developing a principle-based standard for the way buildings are measured globally.
At present, the way property assets—such as office buildings or shopping centers—are measured can vary enormously from country to country. With so many different methods of measurement in use, it makes it difficult to compare space accurately. With the implementation of global property measurement standards, properties will be consistently measured; creating a more transparent marketplace, greater public trust, stronger investor confidence, and increased market stability.
“Since 1915, BOMA has been the secretariat of the ANSI-accredited standard for measuring floor space in office buildings,” remarked BOMA International Chair and Chief Executive Officer Joe Markling, managing director of Strategic Accounts with CBRE. “We are pleased to join with our colleagues from around the world to establish a consistent set of standards for the method of measuring real property no matter where that property is located. Through our work with the IPMSC, we can provide BOMA members and the commercial real estate industry at large with a true basis for cross-border comparison, and industry transparency and self-regulation.”
At the first meeting of the IPMSC, representatives of the organizations which have come together to address this problem signed a declaration to join the IPMSC and agreed to the next steps, which include the formation of an independent standards development committee and a program of wider industry and stakeholder engagement. The following organizations joined BOMA in signing the declaration: Appraisal Institute, Australian Property Institute, Council of European Geodetic Surveyors, International Consortium of Real Estate Associations, International Monetary Fund, and Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ