Davies Office, based in Albany, NY, is the first place winner of the 2013 International Facilities Management Association (IFMA) World Workplace Sustainable Exhibitor Award. IFMA announced the top 10 winners at the World Workplace Conference and Expo in Philadelphia, PA, USA. Davies Office has received several top 10 recognitions over the years, but this is the first time they have won the first place honor.
“This is a great recognition for Davies Office. At Davies, we believe in sustainability—environmental, economic, and social. The concept of managing resources responsibly is at the core of everything we do and every decision we make. We reached the platinum sustainable exhibitor certification level by continuing to focus our energies on sustainable solutions across our organization. Receiving the top honors this year further highlights our environmental consciousness and shows our dedication to sustainable practices is not going unnoticed,” commented Bill Davies, president of Davies Office.
Exhibitors participating in IFMA’s World Workplace Conference and Expo were invited to complete and submit the IFMA Exhibitor Sustainability Scorecard, which was developed in partnership with and scored by the Leonardo Academy, a third-party nonprofit organization that specializes in sustainability solutions. Submissions were evaluated on sustainability policies, exhibit materials, travel, packing, shipping and freight, printed materials and giveaway, recycling and reuse of exhibit material, and sustainable products and services.
“Every year, more of the companies and organizations exhibiting products and services at World Workplace are also showing off innovative sustainable exhibit practices,” said Marina Badoian-Kriticos, sustainability director at IFMA. “This trend is based on sound business policy as facility management professionals around the world are increasingly incorporating sustainable solutions. IFMA’s Sustainable Exhibitor Award lets us recognize the innovative efforts of our exhibitors to meet the growing demand for sustainability.”
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades