Davies Office, based in Albany, NY, is the first place winner of the 2013 International Facilities Management Association (IFMA) World Workplace Sustainable Exhibitor Award. IFMA announced the top 10 winners at the World Workplace Conference and Expo in Philadelphia, PA, USA. Davies Office has received several top 10 recognitions over the years, but this is the first time they have won the first place honor.
“This is a great recognition for Davies Office. At Davies, we believe in sustainability—environmental, economic, and social. The concept of managing resources responsibly is at the core of everything we do and every decision we make. We reached the platinum sustainable exhibitor certification level by continuing to focus our energies on sustainable solutions across our organization. Receiving the top honors this year further highlights our environmental consciousness and shows our dedication to sustainable practices is not going unnoticed,” commented Bill Davies, president of Davies Office.
Exhibitors participating in IFMA’s World Workplace Conference and Expo were invited to complete and submit the IFMA Exhibitor Sustainability Scorecard, which was developed in partnership with and scored by the Leonardo Academy, a third-party nonprofit organization that specializes in sustainability solutions. Submissions were evaluated on sustainability policies, exhibit materials, travel, packing, shipping and freight, printed materials and giveaway, recycling and reuse of exhibit material, and sustainable products and services.
“Every year, more of the companies and organizations exhibiting products and services at World Workplace are also showing off innovative sustainable exhibit practices,” said Marina Badoian-Kriticos, sustainability director at IFMA. “This trend is based on sound business policy as facility management professionals around the world are increasingly incorporating sustainable solutions. IFMA’s Sustainable Exhibitor Award lets us recognize the innovative efforts of our exhibitors to meet the growing demand for sustainability.”
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention