Davies Office Receives Recognition For Sustainability From IFMA
Davies Office, based in Albany, NY, is the first place winner of the 2013 International Facilities Management Association (IFMA) World Workplace Sustainable Exhibitor Award. IFMA announced the top 10 winners at the World Workplace Conference and Expo in Philadelphia, PA, USA. Davies Office has received several top 10 recognitions over the years, but this is the first time they have won the first place honor.
“This is a great recognition for Davies Office. At Davies, we believe in sustainability—environmental, economic, and social. The concept of managing resources responsibly is at the core of everything we do and every decision we make. We reached the platinum sustainable exhibitor certification level by continuing to focus our energies on sustainable solutions across our organization. Receiving the top honors this year further highlights our environmental consciousness and shows our dedication to sustainable practices is not going unnoticed,” commented Bill Davies, president of Davies Office.
Exhibitors participating in IFMA’s World Workplace Conference and Expo were invited to complete and submit the IFMA Exhibitor Sustainability Scorecard, which was developed in partnership with and scored by the Leonardo Academy, a third-party nonprofit organization that specializes in sustainability solutions. Submissions were evaluated on sustainability policies, exhibit materials, travel, packing, shipping and freight, printed materials and giveaway, recycling and reuse of exhibit material, and sustainable products and services.
“Every year, more of the companies and organizations exhibiting products and services at World Workplace are also showing off innovative sustainable exhibit practices,” said Marina Badoian-Kriticos, sustainability director at IFMA. “This trend is based on sound business policy as facility management professionals around the world are increasingly incorporating sustainable solutions. IFMA’s Sustainable Exhibitor Award lets us recognize the innovative efforts of our exhibitors to meet the growing demand for sustainability.”
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ