NEW SERVICE SPOTLIGHT: createchange by Hubbell Lighting
Hubbell Lighting has introduced a lighting retrofit program aimed at assisting commercial facilities to reduce electricity costs, enhance quality of light in and around facilities, and lower the financial risk of upgrades. The initiative, called createchange® consists of two offerings: a suite of audit tools and product selection resources, and an approach called “Compare in the Air.” The program is also available to industrial/warehouse facilities and automotive dealerships.
The audit tools and product selection resources are implemented shoulder-to-shoulder with Hubbell Lighting consultants. These allow facility managers to forecast precisely the economic impact of various lighting retrofit strategies and also to identify any available utility rebates.
The second part of the program—“Compare in the Air”—encourages facility managers to validate those cost saving estimates by selecting and installing up to four Hubbell Lighting products and monitoring the results for up to 90 days. After that trial period, the customer can decide to keep the products or return them for a full refund.
When evaluating a commercial facility, the createchange program includes a comprehensive assessment of the facility, including office areas, halls, conference rooms, atriums, lobbies, restrooms, exteriors, parking garages and lots, and mechanical rooms. New lighting and control devices can reduce energy and maintenance costs. For example, in a 150,000 square foot facility that operates 24 hours a day, changing out 150 hallway 75-watt incandescent downlights to Hubbell Lighting’s LED fixtures will save the facility nearly $27,000 a year. Those figures are based on an electricity rate of $0.11 per KWH and includes lighting energy, maintenance, HVAC, and controls savings.
The createchange program can be paired with Hubbell Lighting’s Cash Flow Positive program. Upon approval, the company funds a lighting and controls upgrade (including products, installation, and project related materials and services). Wherever possible, Hubbell structures the financing to ensure that energy cost savings are greater than monthly financing costs, which means most facilities will experience immediate positive cash flow.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ