NEW PRODUCT FLASH: Roof Hugger Retrofit from MBCI
MBCI, a Houston, TX based manufacturer of metal roof and wall systems and roll-up doors, now offers Roof Hugger retrofit systems to facility professionals. Roof Hugger products can be installed over most any existing metal roof, including trapezoidal and vertical standing seam roofs as well as existing R panel roofs.
Roof Hugger systems provide several benefits and advantages to facility owners, design professionals, and roofing contractors. This metal-over-metal retrofit involves the installation of a new metal roof over an existing metal roof in a way that is structurally correct, non-disruptive, and cost-effective. The Roof Hugger systems also add strength, are environmentally friendly, and help facilities conserve energy.
In addition to fitting over most any existing roof, the Roof Hugger system can support a wide variety of new metal roof systems. The cavity created between the old and new roofs can be vented, or the heated air can be used to preheat the make-up air for the HVAC system. This cavity can also be filled with either fiberglass or rigid insulation to increase the roof’s R-value. If desired, a solar water heating system can be installed in the cavity.
Other posts by Anne Cosgrove
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices