The Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) announced two new certification programs for variable frequency drives (VFDs) and datacom cooling (DCOM) equipment.
“AHRI manages 40 performance certification programs for HVACR and water heating products,” said AHRI Vice President of Certification Bill Tritsis. “We are excited to introduce these new programs to meet increasing demand for independent performance verification for these products.”
VFDs produce fast-rising, high frequency pulses of electrical energy to control and power motors. The equipment in the Variable Frequency Drives Certification Program is rated and tested in accordance with ANSI/AHRI Standard 1210, Performance Rating of Variable Frequency Drives. Once considered a “high tech” option for only the most elaborate HVACR systems, VFDs have been in the mainstream for several years, providing better efficiency with improved reliability.
Datacom cooling equipment is used to remove the immense heat generated in computer rooms and data centers and support consistent information sharing and processing around the world. Equipment in the program will be rated in accordance with AHRI Standard 1360, Performance Rating of Computer and Data Processing Room Air Conditioners. AHRI is currently soliciting quotes for laboratory testing and expects to launch the program in January 2014.
Professionals interested in joining the VFD program may contact Rupal Choksi. Those interested in joining the Datacom Cooling program may contact Richie Mohan. Performance data for certified products in this program will be available in the AHRI Directory of Certified Product Performance (www.ahridirectory.org).
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation