The Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) announced two new certification programs for variable frequency drives (VFDs) and datacom cooling (DCOM) equipment.
“AHRI manages 40 performance certification programs for HVACR and water heating products,” said AHRI Vice President of Certification Bill Tritsis. “We are excited to introduce these new programs to meet increasing demand for independent performance verification for these products.”
VFDs produce fast-rising, high frequency pulses of electrical energy to control and power motors. The equipment in the Variable Frequency Drives Certification Program is rated and tested in accordance with ANSI/AHRI Standard 1210, Performance Rating of Variable Frequency Drives. Once considered a “high tech” option for only the most elaborate HVACR systems, VFDs have been in the mainstream for several years, providing better efficiency with improved reliability.
Datacom cooling equipment is used to remove the immense heat generated in computer rooms and data centers and support consistent information sharing and processing around the world. Equipment in the program will be rated in accordance with AHRI Standard 1360, Performance Rating of Computer and Data Processing Room Air Conditioners. AHRI is currently soliciting quotes for laboratory testing and expects to launch the program in January 2014.
Professionals interested in joining the VFD program may contact Rupal Choksi. Those interested in joining the Datacom Cooling program may contact Richie Mohan. Performance data for certified products in this program will be available in the AHRI Directory of Certified Product Performance (www.ahridirectory.org).
You might like:
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management
- Trends: Lighting Takes Center Stage
- Friday Funny: The Verdict’s In On Pets At Work
- Education Case Study: Wellness In Action
- DCIM For Facility Management
- Physical Security Planning
- Question Of The Week: Design Leads To Tricky Facility Repair?
- JLL Creates Workplace Of The Future At Revamped HQ
- The HVAC Factor: New Life For An Aging Chiller Plant
- Why Governance Is Critical To Successful Outsourcing
- Friday Funny: Take Me (And Your Wallet) Out To The Ballgame
- Friday Funny: Building Face Draws Curb Appeal?
- Clean Energy Finance Tool Awarded At Bloomberg Event
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms