AHRI Launches Certification Programs: Variable Frequency Drives And Datacom Cooling
The Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) announced two new certification programs for variable frequency drives (VFDs) and datacom cooling (DCOM) equipment.
“AHRI manages 40 performance certification programs for HVACR and water heating products,” said AHRI Vice President of Certification Bill Tritsis. “We are excited to introduce these new programs to meet increasing demand for independent performance verification for these products.”
VFDs produce fast-rising, high frequency pulses of electrical energy to control and power motors. The equipment in the Variable Frequency Drives Certification Program is rated and tested in accordance with ANSI/AHRI Standard 1210, Performance Rating of Variable Frequency Drives. Once considered a “high tech” option for only the most elaborate HVACR systems, VFDs have been in the mainstream for several years, providing better efficiency with improved reliability.
Datacom cooling equipment is used to remove the immense heat generated in computer rooms and data centers and support consistent information sharing and processing around the world. Equipment in the program will be rated in accordance with AHRI Standard 1360, Performance Rating of Computer and Data Processing Room Air Conditioners. AHRI is currently soliciting quotes for laboratory testing and expects to launch the program in January 2014.
Professionals interested in joining the VFD program may contact Rupal Choksi. Those interested in joining the Datacom Cooling program may contact Richie Mohan. Performance data for certified products in this program will be available in the AHRI Directory of Certified Product Performance (www.ahridirectory.org).
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.