FRIDAY FUNNY: The Best Of The Rest…Room
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
While most people would likely characterize their trip to the restroom as a fairly unremarkable experience, the folks at Cintas think it should be unforgettable! The reality is that restrooms matter to the public. How a business maintains its facilities is a reflection of a business’ commitment to customer service.
Now, a growing number of companies are going the extra mile to create the most memorable restrooms imaginable. And it is these establishments being recognized in Cintas’ America’s Best Restroom® award of 2013.
The Cintas’ America’s Best Restroom® Contest not only promotes a business, it also recognizes the effort made by facilities management teams around the country to put their best restrooms to the test.
So who is the best for 2013? The 12th annual Cintas’ America’s Best Restroom® King of the Throne winner is the Varsity Theater in Minneapolis, MN.
The Varsity Theater, formerly The University Theater, was one of the last vaudeville houses in Minneapolis and hosted everything from minstrel shows, to comedians, to screenings of early silent films. In 2005, the current incarnation of The Varsity Theater opened its doors as a vaudeville house for the 21st Century.
One part old-fashioned powder room one part lounge, this restroom allows concert-goers to take a break in an area from which one can still view and hear the stage. Bartenders even serve drinks over the back counter into the restroom area, offering a VIP experience to every guest.
The sinks were designed with shower head-faucets with a foot pedal operation, a la grade school restrooms. The lounge and hand washing area is coed, creating quite a social atmosphere, particularly when concert-goers are trying to figure out how to activate the sinks and they need to ask one another for the tip—use your toes. Oh and yes, the women’s side of the restroom features four times as many stalls as the men’s side.
“Cintas launched the America’s Best Restroom Contest 12 years ago to raise awareness of the importance of hygiene and to salute those businesses which strive for restroom excellence in both function and design,” said John Engel, Cintas’ Senior Marketing Manager.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.