Well, that’s not exactly how the old nursery rhyme goes, but for facility managers who may have purchased Dell’s 6430u notebooks, it may very well be the subliminal thought going through their heads. According to the latest rumors from the tech world, Dell has a smell problem with this model, and the company is having a tough time dealing with the negative press while the issue is being resolved.
Apparently, due to “a specific manufacturing process,” the palm rests on some of these machines are giving off an odor that strongly resembles the smell of…cat urine! But customers are being told not to panic; the smell is not dangerous, and the problem has been addressed, according to Dell’s Executive Director: Reliability, Validation and Quality Kevin Dane.
In his blog post, Dane reassures “customers that the odor was not related to biological contamination nor did it present a health hazard. The manufacturing process has subsequently been amended and newly purchased Latitude 6430us are not affected by the issue. Any customer who has a system with the odor can contact our technical support team at 1-800-456-3355 or www.dell.com/support and we will arrange to replace the palm rest assembly.”
Perhaps kitty has had the last laugh on the whole dell/well stunt after all….
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?