FRIDAY FUNNY: Ding Dong Dell…What Is That Stinky Smell?
Well, that’s not exactly how the old nursery rhyme goes, but for facility managers who may have purchased Dell’s 6430u notebooks, it may very well be the subliminal thought going through their heads. According to the latest rumors from the tech world, Dell has a smell problem with this model, and the company is having a tough time dealing with the negative press while the issue is being resolved.
Apparently, due to “a specific manufacturing process,” the palm rests on some of these machines are giving off an odor that strongly resembles the smell of…cat urine! But customers are being told not to panic; the smell is not dangerous, and the problem has been addressed, according to Dell’s Executive Director: Reliability, Validation and Quality Kevin Dane.
In his blog post, Dane reassures “customers that the odor was not related to biological contamination nor did it present a health hazard. The manufacturing process has subsequently been amended and newly purchased Latitude 6430us are not affected by the issue. Any customer who has a system with the odor can contact our technical support team at 1-800-456-3355 or www.dell.com/support and we will arrange to replace the palm rest assembly.”
Perhaps kitty has had the last laugh on the whole dell/well stunt after all….
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question Of The Week: Annual Testing And Maintenance Of Backflow Preventer
- Question of the Week: How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs In My Facility?
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- FM Alert: Is Your Facility Ready For Winter Weather?