Most people eat at their desks at least once in their professional lives. Some of us always multitask through lunch (I know I do). But how many facility managers have had to deal with cleaning food out of keyboards?
Several years ago, Becky Roberts of TechRepublic contributed a funny article on the topic of the worst foods to eat over your keyboard. While some of the food references may be unfamiliar to U.S. audiences, the descriptions make it pretty clear. This article is worth reading alone for the proposing the idea of washing the keyboard through the dishwasher!*
See the how to video below if you’d like to try this yourself:
What other maintenance issues of this type can be expected? And is keyboard cleaning an FM responsibility? Or does it fall on IT?
*Note: the updated link was necessary in order to replace an article that was no longer available.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation