Most people eat at their desks at least once in their professional lives. Some of us always multitask through lunch (I know I do). But how many facility managers have had to deal with cleaning food out of keyboards?
Several years ago, Becky Roberts of TechRepublic contributed a funny article on the topic of the worst foods to eat over your keyboard. While some of the food references may be unfamiliar to U.S. audiences, the descriptions make it pretty clear. This article is worth reading alone for the proposing the idea of washing the keyboard through the dishwasher!*
See the how to video below if you’d like to try this yourself:
What other maintenance issues of this type can be expected? And is keyboard cleaning an FM responsibility? Or does it fall on IT?
*Note: the updated link was necessary in order to replace an article that was no longer available.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- Site Security: Background Checks
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs