Most people eat at their desks at least once in their professional lives. Some of us always multitask through lunch (I know I do). But how many facility managers have had to deal with cleaning food out of keyboards?
Several years ago, Becky Roberts of TechRepublic contributed a funny article on the topic of the worst foods to eat over your keyboard. While some of the food references may be unfamiliar to U.S. audiences, the descriptions make it pretty clear. This article is worth reading alone for the proposing the idea of washing the keyboard through the dishwasher!*
See the how to video below if you’d like to try this yourself:
What other maintenance issues of this type can be expected? And is keyboard cleaning an FM responsibility? Or does it fall on IT?
*Note: the updated link was necessary in order to replace an article that was no longer available.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?