THROWBACK THURSDAY: Workplace Annoyances–Food In The Keyboard
Most people eat at their desks at least once in their professional lives. Some of us always multitask through lunch (I know I do). But how many facility managers have had to deal with cleaning food out of keyboards?
Several years ago, Becky Roberts of TechRepublic contributed a funny article on the topic of the worst foods to eat over your keyboard. While some of the food references may be unfamiliar to U.S. audiences, the descriptions make it pretty clear. This article is worth reading alone for the proposing the idea of washing the keyboard through the dishwasher!*
See the how to video below if you’d like to try this yourself:
What other maintenance issues of this type can be expected? And is keyboard cleaning an FM responsibility? Or does it fall on IT?
*Note: the updated link was necessary in order to replace an article that was no longer available.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Five Workplace Wellness Best Practices