Most people eat at their desks at least once in their professional lives. Some of us always multitask through lunch (I know I do). But how many facility managers have had to deal with cleaning food out of keyboards?
Several years ago, Becky Roberts of TechRepublic contributed a funny article on the topic of the worst foods to eat over your keyboard. While some of the food references may be unfamiliar to U.S. audiences, the descriptions make it pretty clear. This article is worth reading alone for the proposing the idea of washing the keyboard through the dishwasher!*
See the how to video below if you’d like to try this yourself:
What other maintenance issues of this type can be expected? And is keyboard cleaning an FM responsibility? Or does it fall on IT?
*Note: the updated link was necessary in order to replace an article that was no longer available.
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program