NEW PRODUCT FLASH: Clorox Urine Remover from Clorox Professional
While formulated to remove urine stains and odors, Clorox Urine Remover from Clorox Professional Products Company is also useful for eliminating odors due to vomit and feces. The product does not contain bleach (rather it contains hydrogen peroxide) and is intended for use on porous surfaces such as grout and concrete making it ideal for use in facility restrooms as well as problem areas outdoors.
Clorox Urine Remover can also be used to remove odors from soft surfaces like mattresses, carpet, and upholstery. It is not recommended for brass or natural marble, however, and for painted surfaces users should first test for colorfastness on a small area.
Urine odor comes from naturally occurring bacteria and uric acid crystals (crystallized urine residue). These uric acid crystals often remain trapped in porous damp surfaces and release an ammonia-like odor as bacteria feeds on the urine. Humid conditions or wetting the surface can also reactivate the odor. The hydrogen peroxide in Clorox Urine Remover breaks down the odor at its source through oxidization and removes uric acid crystals. Surfactants, solvent, and a low pH work together to clean urine stains from porous grout and other surfaces.
This product can be used before or after other cleaning products, with no additional training needed. It is available in two sizes: a 32 ounce spray bottle and a 128 ounce refill bottle with a built-in spray nozzle.
One hotel manager who has used the product comments, “When I gave a bottle of Clorox Urine Remover to one of my staff, she couldn’t believe how nice the product smells compared to other products. My whole staff uses it now, and it works on everything from urine and vomit, to blood, and even grease.”
The Clorox Urine Remover product recently won the 2013 ISSA Innovation Award for Best Cleaning Agent at the ISSA/INTERCLEAN North America Conference. To choose the winner, cleaning industry distributors, wholesalers, building service contractors, and in-house service professionals voted online. Attendees of the conference also recognized the product with an Innovation Award Visitors’ Choice award.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.