While formulated to remove urine stains and odors, Clorox Urine Remover from Clorox Professional Products Company is also useful for eliminating odors due to vomit and feces. The product does not contain bleach (rather it contains hydrogen peroxide) and is intended for use on porous surfaces such as grout and concrete making it ideal for use in facility restrooms as well as problem areas outdoors.
Clorox Urine Remover can also be used to remove odors from soft surfaces like mattresses, carpet, and upholstery. It is not recommended for brass or natural marble, however, and for painted surfaces users should first test for colorfastness on a small area.
Urine odor comes from naturally occurring bacteria and uric acid crystals (crystallized urine residue). These uric acid crystals often remain trapped in porous damp surfaces and release an ammonia-like odor as bacteria feeds on the urine. Humid conditions or wetting the surface can also reactivate the odor. The hydrogen peroxide in Clorox Urine Remover breaks down the odor at its source through oxidization and removes uric acid crystals. Surfactants, solvent, and a low pH work together to clean urine stains from porous grout and other surfaces.
This product can be used before or after other cleaning products, with no additional training needed. It is available in two sizes: a 32 ounce spray bottle and a 128 ounce refill bottle with a built-in spray nozzle.
One hotel manager who has used the product comments, “When I gave a bottle of Clorox Urine Remover to one of my staff, she couldn’t believe how nice the product smells compared to other products. My whole staff uses it now, and it works on everything from urine and vomit, to blood, and even grease.”
The Clorox Urine Remover product recently won the 2013 ISSA Innovation Award for Best Cleaning Agent at the ISSA/INTERCLEAN North America Conference. To choose the winner, cleaning industry distributors, wholesalers, building service contractors, and in-house service professionals voted online. Attendees of the conference also recognized the product with an Innovation Award Visitors’ Choice award.
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?