NSF Sustainability, a division of public health organization NSF International, has partnered with Sustainable Waste Solutions of Souderton, PA to provide “landfill-free verification” services. This will help facility managers employ effective waste management solutions without using landfills for disposal.
By providing landfill-free verification, NSF International and Sustainable Waste Solutions (based in Souderton, PA) will assess companies to document that all wastes generated are reused, recycled, or processed as waste to energy. This third-party verification can help facilities with documenting waste management practices, whether for internal or outside goals.
NSF International’s independent landfill-free verification enables facilities to demonstrate that less than 1% of their process waste goes to landfill for disposal and that they have documented waste management procedures and trainings in place.
Qualifying for NSF landfill-free verification also requires: retaining documentation and tracking all waste streams; maintaining containers to manage waste; establishing a program for electronic waste management; employee and contracting training; and audits of the facility to ensure these procedures are in place.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management