NSF Sustainability, a division of public health organization NSF International, has partnered with Sustainable Waste Solutions of Souderton, PA to provide “landfill-free verification” services. This will help facility managers employ effective waste management solutions without using landfills for disposal.
By providing landfill-free verification, NSF International and Sustainable Waste Solutions (based in Souderton, PA) will assess companies to document that all wastes generated are reused, recycled, or processed as waste to energy. This third-party verification can help facilities with documenting waste management practices, whether for internal or outside goals.
NSF International’s independent landfill-free verification enables facilities to demonstrate that less than 1% of their process waste goes to landfill for disposal and that they have documented waste management procedures and trainings in place.
Qualifying for NSF landfill-free verification also requires: retaining documentation and tracking all waste streams; maintaining containers to manage waste; establishing a program for electronic waste management; employee and contracting training; and audits of the facility to ensure these procedures are in place.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention