NSF Sustainability, a division of public health organization NSF International, has partnered with Sustainable Waste Solutions of Souderton, PA to provide “landfill-free verification” services. This will help facility managers employ effective waste management solutions without using landfills for disposal.
By providing landfill-free verification, NSF International and Sustainable Waste Solutions (based in Souderton, PA) will assess companies to document that all wastes generated are reused, recycled, or processed as waste to energy. This third-party verification can help facilities with documenting waste management practices, whether for internal or outside goals.
NSF International’s independent landfill-free verification enables facilities to demonstrate that less than 1% of their process waste goes to landfill for disposal and that they have documented waste management procedures and trainings in place.
Qualifying for NSF landfill-free verification also requires: retaining documentation and tracking all waste streams; maintaining containers to manage waste; establishing a program for electronic waste management; employee and contracting training; and audits of the facility to ensure these procedures are in place.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs