NSF Sustainability, a division of public health organization NSF International, has partnered with Sustainable Waste Solutions of Souderton, PA to provide “landfill-free verification” services. This will help facility managers employ effective waste management solutions without using landfills for disposal.
By providing landfill-free verification, NSF International and Sustainable Waste Solutions (based in Souderton, PA) will assess companies to document that all wastes generated are reused, recycled, or processed as waste to energy. This third-party verification can help facilities with documenting waste management practices, whether for internal or outside goals.
NSF International’s independent landfill-free verification enables facilities to demonstrate that less than 1% of their process waste goes to landfill for disposal and that they have documented waste management procedures and trainings in place.
Qualifying for NSF landfill-free verification also requires: retaining documentation and tracking all waste streams; maintaining containers to manage waste; establishing a program for electronic waste management; employee and contracting training; and audits of the facility to ensure these procedures are in place.
You might like:
- Intelligent Restroom App from Kimberly-Clark Professional
- Friday Funny: Park Pissoir Prompts Lawsuit
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Demilec Closed Cell Spray System Insulates Farm-To-Fork Restaurant
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Education Case Study: Wellness In Action
- Fastening Systems For Single Ply Roofing
- Safety Zone™ Sheet by Armstrong
- ISEA Seeking Input For Revision Of High-Visibility Worker Apparel Standard
- Why Governance Is Critical To Successful Outsourcing
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Handyclean™ Roll Wipes by Diamond Wipes
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets