NSF Sustainability, a division of public health organization NSF International, has partnered with Sustainable Waste Solutions of Souderton, PA to provide “landfill-free verification” services. This will help facility managers employ effective waste management solutions without using landfills for disposal.
By providing landfill-free verification, NSF International and Sustainable Waste Solutions (based in Souderton, PA) will assess companies to document that all wastes generated are reused, recycled, or processed as waste to energy. This third-party verification can help facilities with documenting waste management practices, whether for internal or outside goals.
NSF International’s independent landfill-free verification enables facilities to demonstrate that less than 1% of their process waste goes to landfill for disposal and that they have documented waste management procedures and trainings in place.
Qualifying for NSF landfill-free verification also requires: retaining documentation and tracking all waste streams; maintaining containers to manage waste; establishing a program for electronic waste management; employee and contracting training; and audits of the facility to ensure these procedures are in place.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation