Tricks Of The Trade: Gauging Customer Service
By B. Kevin Folsom, CEP
Published in the November 2013 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
QDo you have any ideas or suggestions for rating facility management (FM) professionals other than the norm (such as budgets, projects, etc.)? I am looking for some out of the box thinking. Is there a way to incorporate customer satisfaction levels in a more quantifiable manner?
Plant Engineering FT Supervisor
AWhile projects, budgets, schedules, and competitive bidding are quantifiable ways to measure the success of a facility manager (fm), there is another very important task that he/she must accomplish: leadership. The most widely acceptable form of leadership in the FM realm is “servant leadership.”
A servant leader is one who does not turn their nose up at any task. They are always eager to serve with their hands or to take the lead for whatever is needed to propel the mission of the institution. Then they have to make this spirit infectious to their staff, and indirectly to the institution as a whole, by serving and being observed as others create perceptions of their work ethic.
Fms and their staffs are highly visible people within their organizations, and believe it or not they are actually setting a tempo for the work ethic and the spirit that everyone should have throughout the institution. It doesn’t stop there because fms are responsible to hire contractors who are also an extension of the fm. Does this fm hire/fire the people and contractors to make this happen? And do they model this type of behavior themselves?
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ