Posted by Heidi Schwartz
ISSA, the Worldwide Cleaning Industry Association, has launched a new mobile game for the cleaning industry: Angry Janitors. The game is a free app aiming to educate players on hygiene awareness while keeping them engaged and entertained. The app boasts more than 2,200 downloads since its release.
Developed for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and Android smartphones and tablets, the Angry Janitors game is available for download at www.issa.com/angry or by searching “Angry Janitors” in the iTunes App Store or Google Play.
Angry Janitors combines entertainment and education in one mobile gaming package. Its timing is fitting, particularly as smartphones surpassed laptops as the primary WiFi device in 2013, representing 40% of all connections compared to 36% for laptops. According to a 2011 study by Biz Tech Day, about 64 percent of smartphone owners use their devices for gaming.
The game offers a number of facts and tips on the true value of proper cleaning that provide educational value between levels. Angry Janitors’ game play features three stages—The School, The Office, and The Hospital—each with 10 levels. King Dirt, King Germ, and their unwelcome cast of filthy underlings have invaded these facilities, and students, workers, patients, and staff are getting sick. It’s up to the player to help the janitors—Sweepy, Squirt, and Speedster—eliminate dirt and germs at each level, and rack up points along the way.
“While Angry Janitors is intended to be entertaining for players of all ages, the game also helps to change the way the world views cleaning by promoting the importance of clean and healthy environments and the crucial role that cleaning professionals play in facilities worldwide,” says ISSA Web Communications Director Jon Adkins.
Players earn Golden Plungers when high scores are posted at each level, and the game features a Top Cleaners leader board where players can compare their scores to the thousands of fellow competitors worldwide who have already downloaded the game. If a level proves particularly tricky, the game offers Super-Sized Cleaners to instantly wipe out remaining germs and dirt and help players advance to the next level. Additional Super-Sized Cleaners are available as in-app purchases. Visit www.issa.com/angry to start learning and earning Golden Plungers today!
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management