Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Back in 2003, Bob Rosner, contributor to ABCNEWS.com, collaborated with journalist Allan Halcrow, and illustrator John Lavin to publish Gray Matters, a comic book look at the trials and tribulations of the modern workplace. More than a decade later, the lighthearted visual book is still taking readers through some very real—and often stressful—scenarios.
Using a fictional setting and funny illustrations, the collaborators introduce readers to the employees of Global Gadget. There is Gray Blanderson, a frazzled employee seeking a promotion; Rick Newman, Gray’s nemesis; S.P. Chang, a Gen-Xer and a wise soul; and Virginia Edgarly, Gray’s boss who will do whatever is required to be the next CEO.
Forget the Australian Outback or the Amazon jungle—today’s toughest survival challenge is the minefield we call work. It’s impossible to “do more with less,” especially with the looming threat of another reorganization, layoff, or other dramatic change. The good news is that you’ve got a power tool for what ails you at work: Gray Matters. This inventive book combines lively visuals, engaging characters, and impudent humor. But Gray Matters also offers hope and proven strategies to show you how to succeed at work today:
- How to avoid the seven deadly workplace sins
- How to thrive in a changing environment
- How to sell (even if you aren’t a salesperson)
- The six keys to success at work today
- How to handle rapid innovation
- How to get on the right side of workplace politics
Think Dilbert with a solution.
Gray Matters starts with the basics and then moves on to cover more complex issues like innovation obstacles, and workplace relationships. Finally, it delves into the Seven Deadly Workplace Sins: exhaustion, anger, surrender, obsolescence, incompetence, withdrawal, and dysfunction.
A follow-up to The Boss’s Survival Guide, this funny guide will help managers navigate change, improve morale, and develop business strategies.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention