Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Back in 2003, Bob Rosner, contributor to ABCNEWS.com, collaborated with journalist Allan Halcrow, and illustrator John Lavin to publish Gray Matters, a comic book look at the trials and tribulations of the modern workplace. More than a decade later, the lighthearted visual book is still taking readers through some very real—and often stressful—scenarios.
Using a fictional setting and funny illustrations, the collaborators introduce readers to the employees of Global Gadget. There is Gray Blanderson, a frazzled employee seeking a promotion; Rick Newman, Gray’s nemesis; S.P. Chang, a Gen-Xer and a wise soul; and Virginia Edgarly, Gray’s boss who will do whatever is required to be the next CEO.
Forget the Australian Outback or the Amazon jungle—today’s toughest survival challenge is the minefield we call work. It’s impossible to “do more with less,” especially with the looming threat of another reorganization, layoff, or other dramatic change. The good news is that you’ve got a power tool for what ails you at work: Gray Matters. This inventive book combines lively visuals, engaging characters, and impudent humor. But Gray Matters also offers hope and proven strategies to show you how to succeed at work today:
- How to avoid the seven deadly workplace sins
- How to thrive in a changing environment
- How to sell (even if you aren’t a salesperson)
- The six keys to success at work today
- How to handle rapid innovation
- How to get on the right side of workplace politics
Think Dilbert with a solution.
Gray Matters starts with the basics and then moves on to cover more complex issues like innovation obstacles, and workplace relationships. Finally, it delves into the Seven Deadly Workplace Sins: exhaustion, anger, surrender, obsolescence, incompetence, withdrawal, and dysfunction.
A follow-up to The Boss’s Survival Guide, this funny guide will help managers navigate change, improve morale, and develop business strategies.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management