NEW PRODUCT FLASH: Hyper-Heating R2-Series by Mitsubishi Electric
Mitsubishi Electric has introduced the Hyper- Heating R2-Series of Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) zoning systems, which can operate at 100% heating capacity at temperatures down to 0°F. Representing the highest performance heating capacity at the lowest temperature in its field, the H2i R2-Series joins the company’s Hyper-Heating INVERTER (H2i®) family of cold climate heating products.
A patented flash injection technology allows the new H2i R2-Series to simultaneously cool and heat down to minus 4°F. This offering is distinct in its ability to achieve this level of heating capacity at low ambient conditions from a single source product—–available up to 16 tons. In addition to heating at 100% at 0°F, the system can operate at 85% heating capacity down to -13°F.
The company notes that the simultaneous cooling and heating capability is distinctly suited to service buildings in climates where winter temperatures can average below 10°F. Building types that especially benefit in these locales are those requiring varied heating and cooling points, such as multifamily housing, educational and institutional, offices, data centers, and healthcare facilities.
The system’s two-pipe configuration allows for more efficient design, while the compact system components (as with all Mitsubishi Electric VRF zoning systems) allow for convenient application to both historic retrofit and new building construction. One outdoor unit can connect to up to 24 indoor units, and the heat pump is compatible with all CITY MULTI indoor unit styles, including ducted ceiling-concealed and vertical-concealed types, and ductless ceiling-recessed cassette, ceiling-suspended, floor-standing, and wall-mounted types. The H2i R2-Series features up to 150% connected capacity.
This enhanced Hyper-Heating INVERTER technology eliminates the need for supplemental heat such as boilers, saving installation time and improving energy efficiency.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ