Mitsubishi Electric has introduced the Hyper- Heating R2-Series of Variable Refrigerant Flow (VRF) zoning systems, which can operate at 100% heating capacity at temperatures down to 0°F. Representing the highest performance heating capacity at the lowest temperature in its field, the H2i R2-Series joins the company’s Hyper-Heating INVERTER (H2i®) family of cold climate heating products.
A patented flash injection technology allows the new H2i R2-Series to simultaneously cool and heat down to minus 4°F. This offering is distinct in its ability to achieve this level of heating capacity at low ambient conditions from a single source product—–available up to 16 tons. In addition to heating at 100% at 0°F, the system can operate at 85% heating capacity down to -13°F.
The company notes that the simultaneous cooling and heating capability is distinctly suited to service buildings in climates where winter temperatures can average below 10°F. Building types that especially benefit in these locales are those requiring varied heating and cooling points, such as multifamily housing, educational and institutional, offices, data centers, and healthcare facilities.
The system’s two-pipe configuration allows for more efficient design, while the compact system components (as with all Mitsubishi Electric VRF zoning systems) allow for convenient application to both historic retrofit and new building construction. One outdoor unit can connect to up to 24 indoor units, and the heat pump is compatible with all CITY MULTI indoor unit styles, including ducted ceiling-concealed and vertical-concealed types, and ductless ceiling-recessed cassette, ceiling-suspended, floor-standing, and wall-mounted types. The H2i R2-Series features up to 150% connected capacity.
This enhanced Hyper-Heating INVERTER technology eliminates the need for supplemental heat such as boilers, saving installation time and improving energy efficiency.
You might like:
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Did You Miss “Facilities Management Challenges And Opportunities In 2016” Webinar?