Posted by Heidi Schwartz
The newly created Energy Management Association (EMA) is an innovative association dedicated to advancing the quality of energy management services for the benefit of building owners. EMA responds to a need created by the growing importance of managing and reducing energy consumption in buildings and the emphasis on the total building envelope. EMA membership is open to individuals, corporate suppliers of products and services, building owners, and facility managers. Its mission is to provide guidelines, training, education, and certification programs.
The foundation of EMA is its Energy Management Professional program (EMP). EMPs are individuals who demonstrate the requisite knowledge and experience of the energy management process and are committed to serve as advocates of the building owner. To become a certified EMP, a candidate must pass the EMP exam, a rigorous test of principles of energy management and analysis, commissioning, and field testing. EMA provides workshops, webinars, and an Energy Management Guideline to prepare for the EMP exam.
The EMP was originally administered by the AABC Commissioning Group (ACG), the leading organization of certified, independent commissioning authorities. Due to its popularity and interest from stakeholders outside the commissioning community, the ACG board created EMA as a stand-alone association to administer the EMP program and other energy-related programs.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Did You Miss “Facilities Management Challenges And Opportunities In 2016” Webinar?