New Association Advances Energy Management Services
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
The newly created Energy Management Association (EMA) is an innovative association dedicated to advancing the quality of energy management services for the benefit of building owners. EMA responds to a need created by the growing importance of managing and reducing energy consumption in buildings and the emphasis on the total building envelope. EMA membership is open to individuals, corporate suppliers of products and services, building owners, and facility managers. Its mission is to provide guidelines, training, education, and certification programs.
The foundation of EMA is its Energy Management Professional program (EMP). EMPs are individuals who demonstrate the requisite knowledge and experience of the energy management process and are committed to serve as advocates of the building owner. To become a certified EMP, a candidate must pass the EMP exam, a rigorous test of principles of energy management and analysis, commissioning, and field testing. EMA provides workshops, webinars, and an Energy Management Guideline to prepare for the EMP exam.
The EMP was originally administered by the AABC Commissioning Group (ACG), the leading organization of certified, independent commissioning authorities. Due to its popularity and interest from stakeholders outside the commissioning community, the ACG board created EMA as a stand-alone association to administer the EMP program and other energy-related programs.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ