Xylem, Inc. recently introduced its new Bell & Gossett Series e-1510 single stage end suction centrifugal pumps. The company redesigned the complete line of its best-in-class 1510 pump (now called the e-1510) to provide the highest overall efficiency in the end suction market for HVAC and plumbing applications.
With the largest “Efficiency Island” compared to other similar pumps, the e-1510 reduces electricity consumption, improves overall system performance, and lowers life cycle costs for facilities. The redesign provides the pumps in this line with a new and extensive efficiency profile, which enables users to maintain significantly higher levels of efficiency over a much wider range of operating conditions. This significant improvement is the result of cutting-edge computational fluid dynamics (CFD) design technology and deep hydraulic engineering expertise.
To simplify equipment upgrades, Bell & Gossett’s Series e-1510 offers backward dimensional interchangeability. The product line also helps system designers comply with the ASHRAE 90.1 standard by improving system energy efficiency compared to older products.
“Market forces, including rapid changes in building codes and regulations, are driving significant increases in demand for building efficiency, making total system sustainability a top priority for our customers,” said Mark Handzel, vice president, Product Regulatory Affairs and director, HVAC & Commercial Buildings Business Unit, Xylem.
The Series e-1510 is available in 26 sizes and a variety of configuration options to fit a broad range of operating conditions. Stainless steel impellers reduce corrosion or degradation potential from varying water quality, and provide improved surface characteristics for enhanced sustainable hydraulic performance. These optimized hydraulics contribute to further efficiency for both fixed and variable speed operation. True back pullout capability supports low maintenance and service costs.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects