ABB recently earned Underwriters Laboratories (UL) listing for the newest model in its DC fast charging line, The company’s Terra 53 DC fast charger, with SAE Combo functionality, is a 50kW model with multi-standard extensibility (also offering variants of 20kW, 30kW, and 40kW). The charger was awarded the UL rating for compliance with North American safety directives, including the requirements of UL 2202, Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging System Equipment, and CSA C22.2 No. 107.1-01, General Use Power Supplies. The Terra models are also compliant with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Federal Code of Regulation (CFR) Parts 15B and 15C, pertaining to radio and frequency emitting devices.
“In addition, we’ve further optimized the product footprint so that sites can tailor their charging offering to their driving customers,” says Andy Bartosh, program manager of ABB’s EV Charging Infrastructure business. “Some sites require a quick 15 minute charge at 50kW power, and some locations are better suited to an hour-long fast charge at 20kW power.” Fast charging technology is noted for its capability to extend travel range for electric vehicle drivers, enabling both routine commuting as well as longer distance travel.
ABB presented a working public installation of an SAE Combo charger in North America in September 2013. ABB’s Terra 53C demonstrated successful back-to-back charging of a Chevy Spark EV and BMW i3 at the San Diego Fashion Valley Mall’s eVgo public charging cluster.
All of the company’s charging stations are equipped with open network protocol support, cloud connectivity, remote monitoring, and remote management. The charger’s hardware and software combination provides drivers secure payment options via smart phone, credit card reader, parking management terminals, RFID, and pin code access. The Terra 53 variants are available with SAE Combo capability, and CHAdeMO capability can be optionally incorporated. This product rounds out ABB’s existing portfolio of CHAdeMO charging units.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management