NEW PRODUCT FLASH: Terra 53 DC Fast Charger from ABB
ABB recently earned Underwriters Laboratories (UL) listing for the newest model in its DC fast charging line, The company’s Terra 53 DC fast charger, with SAE Combo functionality, is a 50kW model with multi-standard extensibility (also offering variants of 20kW, 30kW, and 40kW). The charger was awarded the UL rating for compliance with North American safety directives, including the requirements of UL 2202, Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging System Equipment, and CSA C22.2 No. 107.1-01, General Use Power Supplies. The Terra models are also compliant with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Federal Code of Regulation (CFR) Parts 15B and 15C, pertaining to radio and frequency emitting devices.
“In addition, we’ve further optimized the product footprint so that sites can tailor their charging offering to their driving customers,” says Andy Bartosh, program manager of ABB’s EV Charging Infrastructure business. “Some sites require a quick 15 minute charge at 50kW power, and some locations are better suited to an hour-long fast charge at 20kW power.” Fast charging technology is noted for its capability to extend travel range for electric vehicle drivers, enabling both routine commuting as well as longer distance travel.
ABB presented a working public installation of an SAE Combo charger in North America in September 2013. ABB’s Terra 53C demonstrated successful back-to-back charging of a Chevy Spark EV and BMW i3 at the San Diego Fashion Valley Mall’s eVgo public charging cluster.
All of the company’s charging stations are equipped with open network protocol support, cloud connectivity, remote monitoring, and remote management. The charger’s hardware and software combination provides drivers secure payment options via smart phone, credit card reader, parking management terminals, RFID, and pin code access. The Terra 53 variants are available with SAE Combo capability, and CHAdeMO capability can be optionally incorporated. This product rounds out ABB’s existing portfolio of CHAdeMO charging units.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ