ABB recently earned Underwriters Laboratories (UL) listing for the newest model in its DC fast charging line, The company’s Terra 53 DC fast charger, with SAE Combo functionality, is a 50kW model with multi-standard extensibility (also offering variants of 20kW, 30kW, and 40kW). The charger was awarded the UL rating for compliance with North American safety directives, including the requirements of UL 2202, Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging System Equipment, and CSA C22.2 No. 107.1-01, General Use Power Supplies. The Terra models are also compliant with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Federal Code of Regulation (CFR) Parts 15B and 15C, pertaining to radio and frequency emitting devices.
“In addition, we’ve further optimized the product footprint so that sites can tailor their charging offering to their driving customers,” says Andy Bartosh, program manager of ABB’s EV Charging Infrastructure business. “Some sites require a quick 15 minute charge at 50kW power, and some locations are better suited to an hour-long fast charge at 20kW power.” Fast charging technology is noted for its capability to extend travel range for electric vehicle drivers, enabling both routine commuting as well as longer distance travel.
ABB presented a working public installation of an SAE Combo charger in North America in September 2013. ABB’s Terra 53C demonstrated successful back-to-back charging of a Chevy Spark EV and BMW i3 at the San Diego Fashion Valley Mall’s eVgo public charging cluster.
All of the company’s charging stations are equipped with open network protocol support, cloud connectivity, remote monitoring, and remote management. The charger’s hardware and software combination provides drivers secure payment options via smart phone, credit card reader, parking management terminals, RFID, and pin code access. The Terra 53 variants are available with SAE Combo capability, and CHAdeMO capability can be optionally incorporated. This product rounds out ABB’s existing portfolio of CHAdeMO charging units.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention