Today’s Facility Manager Names Ted Bielicky, CFM 2014 Facility Executive of the Year
“This award shines the spotlight on an outstanding member of this challenging profession,” says Anne Cosgrove, TFM Editor in Chief. “It is our honor to present the accomplishments of Ted Bielicky to other members of the facility management field in the upcoming issue of TFM.”
Working at Novo Nordisk since 2002, Bielicky guided the design and construction of the company’s new North American headquarters in Plainsboro, NJ. In April 2013, the company moved 1,200 of its employees into the facility after a complete gut and renovation, which transformed a 1980s era office building into a bright, modern, flexible place to work. It is anticipated that the facility will earn LEED Silver certification.
As senior director of facilities for Novo Nordisk, Bielicky leads the company’s strategic occupancy planning initiatives and facility operations and services in the United States. In addition to the Plainsboro facility, he is responsible for the company’s sales offices throughout the country. He holds the Certified Facility Manager (CFM) credential from the International Facility Management Association (IFMA), is a past vice president of the organization’s New Jersey chapter, and a past recipient of its Distinguished Member Award. He holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of New Hampshire’s Belknap College.
This year’s Facility Executive of the Year entries were reviewed by a panel of five judges, all active in the facility management profession, based on a five-tiered scoring system. The judges score entries according to how well the candidates demonstrate innovation, management, pro-business impact, human improvements, and sustainability through the course of a major project.
Bielicky and his project are featured in Today’s Facility Manager’s January/February 2014 issue here.
ABOUT THE FACILITY EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR AWARD PROGRAM
Launched in 2003, the Facility Executive of the Year Award is the profession’s first and only independent awards program where facility managers are recognized for their achievements. For more information on the Facility Executive of the Year Award and to read about past winners, visit this link.
ABOUT TODAY’S FACILITY MANAGER
Today’s Facility Manager is a one-stop source for information on quality operation, design and maintenance of facilities. Today’s Facility Manager magazine, FacilityExecutive.com, FacilityBlog, and e-Newsletters educate professionals who purchase products and services for commercial, industrial, and institutional facilities.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.