“This award shines the spotlight on an outstanding member of this challenging profession,” says Anne Cosgrove, TFM Editor in Chief. “It is our honor to present the accomplishments of Ted Bielicky to other members of the facility management field in the upcoming issue of TFM.”
Working at Novo Nordisk since 2002, Bielicky guided the design and construction of the company’s new North American headquarters in Plainsboro, NJ. In April 2013, the company moved 1,200 of its employees into the facility after a complete gut and renovation, which transformed a 1980s era office building into a bright, modern, flexible place to work. It is anticipated that the facility will earn LEED Silver certification.
As senior director of facilities for Novo Nordisk, Bielicky leads the company’s strategic occupancy planning initiatives and facility operations and services in the United States. In addition to the Plainsboro facility, he is responsible for the company’s sales offices throughout the country. He holds the Certified Facility Manager (CFM) credential from the International Facility Management Association (IFMA), is a past vice president of the organization’s New Jersey chapter, and a past recipient of its Distinguished Member Award. He holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of New Hampshire’s Belknap College.
This year’s Facility Executive of the Year entries were reviewed by a panel of five judges, all active in the facility management profession, based on a five-tiered scoring system. The judges score entries according to how well the candidates demonstrate innovation, management, pro-business impact, human improvements, and sustainability through the course of a major project.
Bielicky and his project are featured in Today’s Facility Manager’s January/February 2014 issue here.
ABOUT THE FACILITY EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR AWARD PROGRAM
Launched in 2003, the Facility Executive of the Year Award is the profession’s first and only independent awards program where facility managers are recognized for their achievements. For more information on the Facility Executive of the Year Award and to read about past winners, visit this link.
ABOUT TODAY’S FACILITY MANAGER
Today’s Facility Manager is a one-stop source for information on quality operation, design and maintenance of facilities. Today’s Facility Manager magazine, FacilityExecutive.com, FacilityBlog, and e-Newsletters educate professionals who purchase products and services for commercial, industrial, and institutional facilities.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation