The Professional Retail Store Maintenance Association (PRSM) has released a new white paper to help the retail industry comply with federal, state, and local regulations governing the disposal of hazardous elements in their waste stream.
The PRSM association’s best practices white paper, “Hazards in Store: A Waste Handling Primer for Retailers,” defines the types of hazardous waste commonly found in the retail environment and explains how various regulations, particularly the U.S. Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, govern handling and disposal.
Specific topics include:
- What is hazardous waste?
- Generating and transporting hazardous waste.
- Complying with the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act.
“The time is past when federal and state agencies only focused their attention on the waste stream generated by major industrial operators, every retail store now must adhere with the law, and as we have seen across the industry, the penalties for not doing so make compliance more than worthwhile,” said Patricia Dameron, Executive Director, PRSM Association.
To download this white paper, click this link.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs
- Workplace Study Reveals Insight On Open Office Layouts