The Professional Retail Store Maintenance Association (PRSM) has released a new white paper to help the retail industry comply with federal, state, and local regulations governing the disposal of hazardous elements in their waste stream.
The PRSM association’s best practices white paper, “Hazards in Store: A Waste Handling Primer for Retailers,” defines the types of hazardous waste commonly found in the retail environment and explains how various regulations, particularly the U.S. Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, govern handling and disposal.
Specific topics include:
- What is hazardous waste?
- Generating and transporting hazardous waste.
- Complying with the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act.
“The time is past when federal and state agencies only focused their attention on the waste stream generated by major industrial operators, every retail store now must adhere with the law, and as we have seen across the industry, the penalties for not doing so make compliance more than worthwhile,” said Patricia Dameron, Executive Director, PRSM Association.
To download this white paper, click this link.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management