The Professional Retail Store Maintenance Association (PRSM) has released a new white paper to help the retail industry comply with federal, state, and local regulations governing the disposal of hazardous elements in their waste stream.
The PRSM association’s best practices white paper, “Hazards in Store: A Waste Handling Primer for Retailers,” defines the types of hazardous waste commonly found in the retail environment and explains how various regulations, particularly the U.S. Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, govern handling and disposal.
Specific topics include:
- What is hazardous waste?
- Generating and transporting hazardous waste.
- Complying with the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act.
“The time is past when federal and state agencies only focused their attention on the waste stream generated by major industrial operators, every retail store now must adhere with the law, and as we have seen across the industry, the penalties for not doing so make compliance more than worthwhile,” said Patricia Dameron, Executive Director, PRSM Association.
To download this white paper, click this link.
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Cyber Security In Real Estate
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention