The Professional Retail Store Maintenance Association (PRSM) has released a new white paper to help the retail industry comply with federal, state, and local regulations governing the disposal of hazardous elements in their waste stream.
The PRSM association’s best practices white paper, “Hazards in Store: A Waste Handling Primer for Retailers,” defines the types of hazardous waste commonly found in the retail environment and explains how various regulations, particularly the U.S. Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, govern handling and disposal.
Specific topics include:
- What is hazardous waste?
- Generating and transporting hazardous waste.
- Complying with the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act.
“The time is past when federal and state agencies only focused their attention on the waste stream generated by major industrial operators, every retail store now must adhere with the law, and as we have seen across the industry, the penalties for not doing so make compliance more than worthwhile,” said Patricia Dameron, Executive Director, PRSM Association.
To download this white paper, click this link.
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- HeiTel XOh by Xtralis
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month