AISC Names 2013 Safety Award Winners
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Forty-six structural steel facilities are receiving an AISC Safety Award for their safety record during 2013, in the categories of “Shop and Office” or “Field Erection.” Thirty-five reporting facilities earned the Safety Award of Honor, the Institute’s top award for safety, presented for a perfect safety record of no disabling injuries. The Safety Certificate of Merit was won by four reporting facilities and the Safety Certificate of Commendation was won by seven reporting facilities.
“AISC’s annual Safety Award program recognizes excellent records of safety performance, and we commend these facilities for their effective accident prevention programs,” said Tom Schlafly, AISC’s director of safety. “Periodic recognition of safety in the workplace has been demonstrated to provide worker incentive and a reminder of the importance of safe practices.”
The AISC Safety Awards program is open to AISC fabricator and erector members. To qualify for an AISC Safety Award, a plant or the reporting unit must report a minimum of 300 hours of work in each of the four quarters of a year.
For more information on AISC’s Safety Award program as well as safety resources for the fabricated and erected structural steel industry, visit www.aisc.org/safety.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ