AISC Names 2013 Safety Award Winners
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Forty-six structural steel facilities are receiving an AISC Safety Award for their safety record during 2013, in the categories of “Shop and Office” or “Field Erection.” Thirty-five reporting facilities earned the Safety Award of Honor, the Institute’s top award for safety, presented for a perfect safety record of no disabling injuries. The Safety Certificate of Merit was won by four reporting facilities and the Safety Certificate of Commendation was won by seven reporting facilities.
“AISC’s annual Safety Award program recognizes excellent records of safety performance, and we commend these facilities for their effective accident prevention programs,” said Tom Schlafly, AISC’s director of safety. “Periodic recognition of safety in the workplace has been demonstrated to provide worker incentive and a reminder of the importance of safe practices.”
The AISC Safety Awards program is open to AISC fabricator and erector members. To qualify for an AISC Safety Award, a plant or the reporting unit must report a minimum of 300 hours of work in each of the four quarters of a year.
For more information on AISC’s Safety Award program as well as safety resources for the fabricated and erected structural steel industry, visit www.aisc.org/safety.
You might like:
- New GSU College of Law Building Encourages Interaction
- Focus On: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Question Of The Week: Indoor Air Quality Effects?
- Energy Conservation, Student Performance Top Reasons for Improving U.S. Public Schools
- Question of the Week: What Happens During Mold Remediation?
- Question Of The Week: Annual Testing And Maintenance Of Backflow Preventer
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Question of the Week: How Can I Prevent Bed Bugs In My Facility?
- FM Compliance: Don’t Ignore These Seven Areas
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- New Product Flash: UltraDuty GHS Chemical Labels From Avery
- Grogan & Dove Federal Building Named DBIA Design-Build Project Of The Year
- FM Alert: CABA Report Highlights Role of Controls In Zero Net Energy Buildings
- Question of the Week: What Are The Cleaning Benefits of Aqueous Ozone?
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management