Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Forty-six structural steel facilities are receiving an AISC Safety Award for their safety record during 2013, in the categories of “Shop and Office” or “Field Erection.” Thirty-five reporting facilities earned the Safety Award of Honor, the Institute’s top award for safety, presented for a perfect safety record of no disabling injuries. The Safety Certificate of Merit was won by four reporting facilities and the Safety Certificate of Commendation was won by seven reporting facilities.
“AISC’s annual Safety Award program recognizes excellent records of safety performance, and we commend these facilities for their effective accident prevention programs,” said Tom Schlafly, AISC’s director of safety. “Periodic recognition of safety in the workplace has been demonstrated to provide worker incentive and a reminder of the importance of safe practices.”
The AISC Safety Awards program is open to AISC fabricator and erector members. To qualify for an AISC Safety Award, a plant or the reporting unit must report a minimum of 300 hours of work in each of the four quarters of a year.
For more information on AISC’s Safety Award program as well as safety resources for the fabricated and erected structural steel industry, visit www.aisc.org/safety.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention