Tremco Roofing and Building Maintenance has introduced the TremCode energy code app, which contains up-to-the-minute International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) information for all 50 states. Tremco sales representatives can access the app when working on roofing projects with facility professionals, designers, and other customers to answer questions that arise about state-specific construction codes.
“New or revised energy codes are constantly being adopted, which makes knowing the current code an uncertainty and tracking the entire country daunting, a real problem for facility professionals who are responsible for buildings in multiple states,” says John Breidenbach, AIA, LEED AP, Tremco Roofing’s market development manager for architecture.
Tremcode enables users to access the latest edition of the IECC, locate the Climate Zone for the facility in question, and, with a final tap, calculate critical information like the proper R-value for the roofing solution being proposed or whether an air barrier or white, reflective roof may be required. For instance, inputting calendar year and climate zone into appropriate fields (as seen at left) allows Tremco Roofing’s sales reps to determine R-value and if a code requires an air barrier or SRI solution.
Plans are underway to expand the app into Canada and add dew point capabilities for all of North America. The app can be used on both iPhones and iPads.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation