Tremco Roofing and Building Maintenance has introduced the TremCode energy code app, which contains up-to-the-minute International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) information for all 50 states. Tremco sales representatives can access the app when working on roofing projects with facility professionals, designers, and other customers to answer questions that arise about state-specific construction codes.
“New or revised energy codes are constantly being adopted, which makes knowing the current code an uncertainty and tracking the entire country daunting, a real problem for facility professionals who are responsible for buildings in multiple states,” says John Breidenbach, AIA, LEED AP, Tremco Roofing’s market development manager for architecture.
Tremcode enables users to access the latest edition of the IECC, locate the Climate Zone for the facility in question, and, with a final tap, calculate critical information like the proper R-value for the roofing solution being proposed or whether an air barrier or white, reflective roof may be required. For instance, inputting calendar year and climate zone into appropriate fields (as seen at left) allows Tremco Roofing’s sales reps to determine R-value and if a code requires an air barrier or SRI solution.
Plans are underway to expand the app into Canada and add dew point capabilities for all of North America. The app can be used on both iPhones and iPads.
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention