Be Original Americas Launched March 14, 2014
Grassroots design advocacy organization Be Original Americas launched its official membership drive on March 14, 2014. Founded in 2012 to champion original design in the face of a burgeoning global market for counterfeit goods, the group’s charter members include Alessi, Artek, Bernhardt Design, Cassina/Poltrona Frau/Cappellini, Emeco, Flos, Fritz Hansen, Herman Miller, Ligne Roset, and Vitra.
According to the International Chamber of Commerce, 2.5 million jobs have been lost due to the proliferation of fake products in the global marketplace. The projected annual value of counterfeit goods is estimated to reach over $1.7 trillion1 by 2015—an alarming increase from an estimated $650 billion market value in 2008.
Recent lawsuits have made positive steps in fighting intellectual property violations, setting design-industry standards to stop trademark infringement. As its membership grows, Be Original Americas will continue its mission to educate the community about authentic, original design.
Companies, individuals, and arts and educational institutions are encouraged to join the movement to inform, educate, and influence the public on the value of original design. Members are invited on three levels: members, affiliates, and individuals. Supporters may submit information via the organization’s web site.
1 CNN Money.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.