WHITE PAPER – Leadership Development: Coaching And Developing Others
Posted by Heidi Schwartz
In the words of American business icon Jack Welch, “when you were made a leader you weren’t given a crown, you were given the responsibility to bring out the best in others.” So how best to do this? A new white paper from the Institute of Real Estate Management provides some top-line answers.
Titled simply Leadership Development: Coaching and Developing Others, the publication is the seventh in a series of IREM® white papers that focuses on various leadership related competencies critical to real estate management and general business success. It lays out some of the most valuable techniques to help others develop their skills and also addresses common mistakes leaders make – e.g. focusing on poor performers at the expense of the good ones – that undermine their efforts.
Among other important take aways, readers will be introduced to six steps to coach for development, steps that will yield these outcomes:
- Support employee engagement and job satisfaction, reducing turnover.
- Enhance performance and improve productivity.
- Build a more-effective, cohesive, and trusting team
- Give themselves more time to do strategic, leadership-oriented work because their team will be productive and engaged.
- Understand the fundamental difference between managing and coaching.
- Enhance their reputation as leaders.
The white paper is free for IREM members and $5.99 for non-members. The six-page PDF can be downloaded here.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ