Posted by Heidi Schwartz
In the words of American business icon Jack Welch, “when you were made a leader you weren’t given a crown, you were given the responsibility to bring out the best in others.” So how best to do this? A new white paper from the Institute of Real Estate Management provides some top-line answers.
Titled simply Leadership Development: Coaching and Developing Others, the publication is the seventh in a series of IREM® white papers that focuses on various leadership related competencies critical to real estate management and general business success. It lays out some of the most valuable techniques to help others develop their skills and also addresses common mistakes leaders make – e.g. focusing on poor performers at the expense of the good ones – that undermine their efforts.
Among other important take aways, readers will be introduced to six steps to coach for development, steps that will yield these outcomes:
- Support employee engagement and job satisfaction, reducing turnover.
- Enhance performance and improve productivity.
- Build a more-effective, cohesive, and trusting team
- Give themselves more time to do strategic, leadership-oriented work because their team will be productive and engaged.
- Understand the fundamental difference between managing and coaching.
- Enhance their reputation as leaders.
The white paper is free for IREM members and $5.99 for non-members. The six-page PDF can be downloaded here.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention