Posted by Heidi Schwartz
In the words of American business icon Jack Welch, “when you were made a leader you weren’t given a crown, you were given the responsibility to bring out the best in others.” So how best to do this? A new white paper from the Institute of Real Estate Management provides some top-line answers.
Titled simply Leadership Development: Coaching and Developing Others, the publication is the seventh in a series of IREM® white papers that focuses on various leadership related competencies critical to real estate management and general business success. It lays out some of the most valuable techniques to help others develop their skills and also addresses common mistakes leaders make – e.g. focusing on poor performers at the expense of the good ones – that undermine their efforts.
Among other important take aways, readers will be introduced to six steps to coach for development, steps that will yield these outcomes:
- Support employee engagement and job satisfaction, reducing turnover.
- Enhance performance and improve productivity.
- Build a more-effective, cohesive, and trusting team
- Give themselves more time to do strategic, leadership-oriented work because their team will be productive and engaged.
- Understand the fundamental difference between managing and coaching.
- Enhance their reputation as leaders.
The white paper is free for IREM members and $5.99 for non-members. The six-page PDF can be downloaded here.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Fire Rated Flood Door from PS DOORS
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- York Chiller Mobile App
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- President Obama Proclaims May National Building Safety Month