Friday Funny: Are You A Vacation Saver Or A Spender?
With summer just around the corner, many workers are thinking of summer vacations spent enjoying friends and family. However, a new Robert Half survey shows 39% of workers won’t use all the paid vacation time they’re given. The reasons: 38% are saving days in case they need them later, while 30% fear falling behind at work.
The national study was developed by Robert Half and conducted by an independent research firm. It is based on 436 telephone interviews with U.S. adults working in an office environment.
Workers were asked: “Do you typically use all of the paid vacation days you are provided by your company?” Their responses:
Workers who answered “no” were asked: “What is the primary reason you don’t use all of your vacation time?” Their responses:
“Whether you’re a vacation ‘saver’ or ‘spender,’ it’s important to have balance,” noted Paul McDonald, senior executive director of Robert Half. “All work and no play doesn’t just lead to burnout — it also erodes creativity, since stepping out of your routine frequently sparks innovation,” he said. “Fresh perspective is useful in just about any profession.”
McDonald added that managers should lead by example when it comes to saying “bon voyage” to the office. “Supervisors should encourage their teams to take a break and recharge, especially their top performers, who are often the most aggressive vacation savers and most susceptible to burnout. The best way to do this is by taking time off yourself,” he said.
You might like:
- The Internet Of Things And Water Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Top 10 States Ranked in Energy Efficiency Scorecard
- Green Buildings Improve Cognitive Function
- Facility Professionals Play Key Role In Strategic Workplace Decisions
- Webinar: Cleaner Facilities & Flu Protection
- Question of the Week: How Do You Support Productivity In Your Facilities?
- Survey Provides Insight To Energy Management Decisions
- Friday Funny: 10 Worst Cities For A Zombie Apocalypse
- Did You Miss “The Impact Of Using Defendable Data To Assess & Budget For The Future” Webinar?
- Question Of The Week: HVAC Coil Cleaning Methods?
- Did You Miss The “Smart Buildings, Internet of Things and What it all Means for Your Career” Webinar?
- China Wins Its First Emporis Skyscraper Award
- Motorized Shades Reflect Well On LEED Gold HQ
- Channel Spotlight: Commercial Roofing By Duro-Last Roofing, Inc.