Posted by Heidi Schwartz
The Green Building Initiative (GBI) has announced a diverse list of recently completed construction projects in the institutional, commercial, and retail segments that have received Green Globes certification, according to GBI president Jerry Yudelson.
“These projects represent several major new growth areas for Green Globes: retail, office, research, and higher education. We anticipate major growth in each of these market segments in the future,” Yudelson said. “Our pragmatic approach to green building certification appeals to project teams in a broad array of industry segments who want to reach their goals faster and with less paperwork.”
Among the significant buildings certified in the first quarter of 2014, notable projects include:
- 11 Fidelity Investments offices located throughout California, Washington, Colorado, and Utah
- Whole Foods grocery in Lincoln, Nebraska
- Residence Inn by Marriott in Omaha, Nebraska
- Porter Neuroscience Research Center (NIH – National Institutes of Health), Bethesda, Maryland
- Purdue Multidisciplinary Cancer Research Facility (NIH), West Lafayette, Indiana
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Belk Residence Hall
- University of Maryland Building and Landscape Services, College Park, Maryland
“We recently completed our first Green Globes-certified project – a Whole Foods store in Lincoln, Nebraska – and couldn’t be more pleased with the transparency and responsiveness working with GBI,” BRR Architecture Inc. project team lead Mark Sherrer said. “The project as a whole ran efficiently, with a simplified certification process that reduced time spent on questions, paperwork and administrative procedures, enabling our team to jump right into our design objectives and sustainable goals.”
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?