By B. Kevin Folsom, CEP
Published in the April 2014 issue of Today’s Facility Manager
QI am looking for a formula to use as a general guideline for the renovation of an existing office (general Class A space). I have been tasked with putting together a budget for our locations in the U.S. and Latin America.
Is there a formula that can be used to determine the per square foot cost—and hopefully one broken down by category (e.g., carpet, paint, furniture, lighting, HVAC). I realize this is a very broad subject but am looking for a starting point.
Americas Facility Manager
Global Business Operations
Another possible resource would be IFMA; you can find out if they have general industry metrics that you can use. Also, ask a general contractor for a schedule of values on a recent construction project. These have the breakdowns you are looking for.
You might like:
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- SkyBEAM UAV From Tremco FAA Approved For Nighttime Operation
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- Question Of The Week: Water Conservation Tips
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Stainless Steel Mounting Posts by Camden Door Controls