Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Each year, the facility management profession takes center stage on World FM Day, and this year is no different.
Initiated in 2008 by Global FM, the aim of World FM Day is to raise the profile of the facility management (FM) profession, not just in local markets, but anywhere facility managers influence the health, safety, productivity, and well being of people who use the built environment.
This year’s theme is “Connected FM, Connected World – Global Knowledge Sharing,” focusing on how professionals connect with our own organizations, how we understand our clients, and importantly, how we can tailor and share information while growing individual businesses and the profile of the wider industry.
Be it a formal panel seminar, a staff office morning coffee break, or a client networking event, World FM Day is the catalyst to engage hundreds of individuals, companies, associations, and partners in celebrating their successes and showing the world the important contributions FM brings to the built environment.
So how did you celebrate World FM Day (June 4, 2014) this year? Let us know in the comments section below.
You might like:
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- Question of the Week: How Can I Protect Employees From Zika Virus?
- VARIDESK Debuts Pro Desk 60 On HBO’s “Silicon Valley”
- Spray Kleen Multi-Surface & All-Purpose by Sunburst Chemicals
- Lunetta Exterior Lighting By Amerlux
- Infographic: The Healthcare Speech Privacy Crisis
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Energy Storage Solution From Northern Power
- Five Things To Consider When Starting A Predictive Maintenance Program
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- DCIM For Facility Management
- Intelligent Restroom App from Kimberly-Clark Professional
- Nova Scotia Community College Adopts SARA For Emergency Alerts