Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Each year, the facility management profession takes center stage on World FM Day, and this year is no different.
Initiated in 2008 by Global FM, the aim of World FM Day is to raise the profile of the facility management (FM) profession, not just in local markets, but anywhere facility managers influence the health, safety, productivity, and well being of people who use the built environment.
This year’s theme is “Connected FM, Connected World – Global Knowledge Sharing,” focusing on how professionals connect with our own organizations, how we understand our clients, and importantly, how we can tailor and share information while growing individual businesses and the profile of the wider industry.
Be it a formal panel seminar, a staff office morning coffee break, or a client networking event, World FM Day is the catalyst to engage hundreds of individuals, companies, associations, and partners in celebrating their successes and showing the world the important contributions FM brings to the built environment.
So how did you celebrate World FM Day (June 4, 2014) this year? Let us know in the comments section below.
You might like:
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Predictive Analytics For “Low-Tech” Facilities
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Leadership Support Linked To Workplace Well-Being
- Planned Investment In Energy Efficiency Hits All-time High
- Five Safety Tips For Your Facility’s Construction Project
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- Employee Engagement Linked To Workplace Satisfaction
- New School Construction Focused On Building Envelope Performance
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Healthcare Waiting Room Design
- Employees Are Leading Cause Of Data Breaches
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Smart City 2.0: Next Step In Urban Innovation