Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Each year, the facility management profession takes center stage on World FM Day, and this year is no different.
Initiated in 2008 by Global FM, the aim of World FM Day is to raise the profile of the facility management (FM) profession, not just in local markets, but anywhere facility managers influence the health, safety, productivity, and well being of people who use the built environment.
This year’s theme is “Connected FM, Connected World – Global Knowledge Sharing,” focusing on how professionals connect with our own organizations, how we understand our clients, and importantly, how we can tailor and share information while growing individual businesses and the profile of the wider industry.
Be it a formal panel seminar, a staff office morning coffee break, or a client networking event, World FM Day is the catalyst to engage hundreds of individuals, companies, associations, and partners in celebrating their successes and showing the world the important contributions FM brings to the built environment.
So how did you celebrate World FM Day (June 4, 2014) this year? Let us know in the comments section below.
You might like:
- Lighting Maintenance: LED Lighting Retrofits
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Friday Funny: Housekeeping Olympic Games
- Cyber Security For Buildings
- Services & Maintenance: Key Pest Control Concerns For Facilities
- Site Security: Background Checks
- Hotel Case Study: A Vision By The Sea
- Texas Water Dashboard App From USGS
- FM Issue: Power Protection For IoT Connection
- Employee Engagement: Impact Of Workplace Design
- LED Innovation For Warehouse Facility
- Workplace Design: Four Trends
- Marriage Of Mobility And Facility Security
- 4 Keys To Improve Energy Efficiency Projects
- New York Offers Commercial Buildings $36M To Cut Energy Costs