Posted by Heidi Schwartz
Each year, the facility management profession takes center stage on World FM Day, and this year is no different.
Initiated in 2008 by Global FM, the aim of World FM Day is to raise the profile of the facility management (FM) profession, not just in local markets, but anywhere facility managers influence the health, safety, productivity, and well being of people who use the built environment.
This year’s theme is “Connected FM, Connected World – Global Knowledge Sharing,” focusing on how professionals connect with our own organizations, how we understand our clients, and importantly, how we can tailor and share information while growing individual businesses and the profile of the wider industry.
Be it a formal panel seminar, a staff office morning coffee break, or a client networking event, World FM Day is the catalyst to engage hundreds of individuals, companies, associations, and partners in celebrating their successes and showing the world the important contributions FM brings to the built environment.
So how did you celebrate World FM Day (June 4, 2014) this year? Let us know in the comments section below.
You might like:
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- Friday Funny: A Valentine’s Day Look At Office Romance
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Cyber Security In Real Estate
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention