Posted by Heidi Schwartz
How do facility managers feel about computerized maintenance management software (CMMS)? What are they buying? What do they look for in systems? What is keeping them back from upgrading their CMMS investment—or making initial purchase in the first place?
Every year, Software Advice conducts a survey of current and potential CMMS users to determine the answers to these questions and more. The goal is to uncover this year’s top CMMS buyer trends, including deployment preferences, most requested features, and buyers’ current management systems.
The results were somewhat surprising, to say the least. The survey found that 48% of prospective buyers were currently using manual methods such as paper and spreadsheets to track their maintenance management, rather than using a formal software system.
Some of the other key findings:
- Preventive maintenance is the most sought-after feature at 25%, followed closely by asset management (22%), and work order management (21%).
- 85% of buyers plan to make a CMMS purchase in three months or less.
- The majority of buyers (71%) say they have no preference between on-premise and web-based systems, showing they may not understand the benefits each provides.
Taylor Short, managing editor of Software Advice writes, “The data shows that prospective buyers in our sample are mostly from smaller businesses new to CMMS software, and who are looking to reduce manual work and increase efficiency of operations. According to John Rimer, owner of FM360 Consulting, with new technology and a growing number of CMMS vendors, the real determinant for most buyers isn’t functionality, as many are extremely similar. Rather, the systems that are easiest to understand and use are chosen most often, he explains.”
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management