Posted by Heidi Schwartz
How do facility managers feel about computerized maintenance management software (CMMS)? What are they buying? What do they look for in systems? What is keeping them back from upgrading their CMMS investment—or making initial purchase in the first place?
Every year, Software Advice conducts a survey of current and potential CMMS users to determine the answers to these questions and more. The goal is to uncover this year’s top CMMS buyer trends, including deployment preferences, most requested features, and buyers’ current management systems.
The results were somewhat surprising, to say the least. The survey found that 48% of prospective buyers were currently using manual methods such as paper and spreadsheets to track their maintenance management, rather than using a formal software system.
Some of the other key findings:
- Preventive maintenance is the most sought-after feature at 25%, followed closely by asset management (22%), and work order management (21%).
- 85% of buyers plan to make a CMMS purchase in three months or less.
- The majority of buyers (71%) say they have no preference between on-premise and web-based systems, showing they may not understand the benefits each provides.
Taylor Short, managing editor of Software Advice writes, “The data shows that prospective buyers in our sample are mostly from smaller businesses new to CMMS software, and who are looking to reduce manual work and increase efficiency of operations. According to John Rimer, owner of FM360 Consulting, with new technology and a growing number of CMMS vendors, the real determinant for most buyers isn’t functionality, as many are extremely similar. Rather, the systems that are easiest to understand and use are chosen most often, he explains.”
You might like:
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Facility Executive of the Year 2016: Keeping Costs In Check
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?