EXTECH/Exterior Technologies Inc. was recently granted a U.S. patent for its 2100GL Snap-In Gridlock™ Glass Block system. Primary applications for this system include transit shelters or windscreens for buses, trains, and other public transportation facilities. Other applications include interior partition walls and other decorative applications.
The Snap-In Gridlock Glass Block system was designed specifically for ease of installation and maintenance. The solid glass blocks are 2″ thick and snap into place without the need for sealants or adhesives. In the event that a block breaks, the pieces can be easily removed and facilities staff can install a new block by snapping it into place.
Installation and maintenance is facilitated by EXTECH’s lightweight, prefabricated aluminum frames with no exposed fasteners. With no ledges to collect dirt and debris, and superior graffiti resistance, cleaning requires a simple pressure wash. Unlike mortared systems, joints will not deteriorate, effloresce, collect dirt, or discolor.
Gridlock framing is adaptable to various opening sizes including long structural spans. The clean, narrow sightlines are available in frames of various colors. Block options include etched or back screened (painted), while clear blocks can provide a high degree of visual clarity. Located in Pittsburgh, PA, EXTECH designs and manufactures wall, window, and skylight systems for commercial and industrial applications.
You might like:
- Four Types Of Concrete Damage And How To Address Them
- Rise Of IoT Prompts Facility Professionals To Invest In Analytics
- Facility Management Critical To Infection Control
- 4 Ways To Avoid LED Lighting Failure
- Question Of The Week: What Best Practice Boosts Your Bottom Line?
- FM Alert: OSHA Offering $4.6M In Safety And Health Training Grants
- Friday Funny: The Dirty Truth About Public Bathrooms
- Best Practices For Data Center Management
- Look, Listen, And Learn To Find Leaks
- Applying Lean Principles To Facility Cleaning Programs
- Technology, Aging Facilities Impacting Education Facility Budgets
- New Vikings Football Stadium First In U.S. With Transparent Roof
- Energy Upgrades And Renovations: What To Know About Windows
- U.S. Employers Suffer Largest Talent Shortage In Skilled Trades
- Preventive Maintenance, Proactive Facility Management