EXTECH/Exterior Technologies Inc. was recently granted a U.S. patent for its 2100GL Snap-In Gridlock™ Glass Block system. Primary applications for this system include transit shelters or windscreens for buses, trains, and other public transportation facilities. Other applications include interior partition walls and other decorative applications.
The Snap-In Gridlock Glass Block system was designed specifically for ease of installation and maintenance. The solid glass blocks are 2″ thick and snap into place without the need for sealants or adhesives. In the event that a block breaks, the pieces can be easily removed and facilities staff can install a new block by snapping it into place.
Installation and maintenance is facilitated by EXTECH’s lightweight, prefabricated aluminum frames with no exposed fasteners. With no ledges to collect dirt and debris, and superior graffiti resistance, cleaning requires a simple pressure wash. Unlike mortared systems, joints will not deteriorate, effloresce, collect dirt, or discolor.
Gridlock framing is adaptable to various opening sizes including long structural spans. The clean, narrow sightlines are available in frames of various colors. Block options include etched or back screened (painted), while clear blocks can provide a high degree of visual clarity. Located in Pittsburgh, PA, EXTECH designs and manufactures wall, window, and skylight systems for commercial and industrial applications.
You might like:
- Friday Funny: Super Bowl Time Warp
- Webinar: Making Sense of Smart Buildings – 6 Steps to Maximize Investments
- Webinar: 6 Workplace Technology Predictions for 2016 – Are You Ready?
- Winter Roof Maintenance: Ounce of Prevention Worth Pound of Cure
- New Shade Fabric Boosts Energy Efficiency 50% At Automotive Facility
- China’s First Green Skyscraper
- New Product Flash: Drone Detector By Drone Labs
- Question Of The Week: Utilizing Universal Design?
- Survey Reveals Dirty Little Restroom Secrets
- Psychology Of The Office Space
- FM Alert: Do You Know The School Janitor Of The Year?
- AHI White Papers Address Critical Issues Affecting Healthcare Facilities
- Zika Virus: 5 Things To Know, Plus Pest Control In Offices
- Stadium Maintenance: Would Better Field Upkeep Have Kept The Rams In St. Louis?
- Waterproof Your Facility: Maintenance And Water Damage Prevention